2k amp or a bit above.

n8te81
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ill be getting my hdc312 in tomm and I need a amp that's either 2k or a bit higher. I have a nine.1 right now but I'm gonna want more power on it later on after it gets broken in. I would like to find something under 400 if I could or even lower.

Would I notice a pretty big difference adding another 1k Watts to a single sub? I mean I don't wanna have to upgrade all my electrical and buying a bigger amp if I'm not gonna notice a big difference.

In my experience tossing another 1k to that sub you may gain a single decibel or 2 at the most.... you'd be better off adding a second sub if you are trying to get even louder or sticking with what you have for now and sound deaden the car/truck you have it in. Deadening properly in the right areas will help when it comes to getting louder too. I have plenty of deadener in my Nitro.

But its your money man. Snag an amp now...upgrade electrical as you can...deaden...add woofers... It all comes down to what money you can set aside and throw at the audio system. I started with a 10 on 1k and after a few other setups I made my way to 2 12's on 2k but I added a bunch into my electrical.

Lol maybe I forgot to mention this is going in a 350z so there is no adding another woofer....I had to use the spare tire room just to get this one to fit in a ported box.

Lol maybe I forgot to mention this is going in a 350z so there is no adding another woofer....I had to use the spare tire room just to get this one to fit in a ported box.
Well with that being said....buying a bigger amp would be ok for now and then upgrading to a heavy hitting 12" later will help as well. Still suggest at least the big 3, second battery if you plan to run more power, and deadener in the car. You could always drop down to two beefy 10's ported to get more cone area and motor force than a single 12". might take up a tad more space in the 350Z but if you want to be louder that will do it.

Well I would think that hdc 12 will be a pretty big heavy hitter already Lol. And most space I can do is around 2.3 cubes net. I still might get the amp idk.

in a 350z yea the 12" is going to be a solid woofer. Just saying if you look to press for more power with amps, cone area and motor force with 2 tens, etc. And what amp the FSD that Soundrive just mentioned?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.