2a vs 10a charging and dual battery questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

2010HHRUMADBRUH
10+ year member

Gold Diamond Plus VIP+ Member
Got a used battery which is the exact same model as the one I have, but the new one is used, and mine is new with warranty. (But has been used for a few months)

It was metering 12.1v when I metered it and now I'm charging at 10a and it's reading 13.1 volts. 2a reads 12.8 volts.

How long do I have to wait, after the battery charger claims it's done charging, to accurately test the resting voltage on it?

What is an acceptable range that will not destroy the new battery's health?

I am going to wire them in parallel.

With 2 batteries, will it really matter if they both rest at 12.1, considering a single battery will start the car at this voltage?

I am also running a saz1500d v1 and I don't have a sub to use it to it's full potential YET, so the only draining will be from starting it.

BTW the batteries are durlast T5-DLG

The used one will bring the voltage down when wired together ..and dont 10a charge it . Possibility of swelling up . Always charge witg a 2a trickle. And most new chargers have agm mode that switches to auto float when done charging....I hope ur not using a standard battery charger without a agm mode..easy way to toast batteries

^^ this, also might be worth getting your second hand batt tested befor you connect it to your new one. just incase it's bugger'd and puts more stress on your new batt (prob wont be under warrenty if it does) so don't tell them you have a duel batt system

The used one will bring the voltage down when wired together ..and dont 10a charge it . Possibility of swelling up . Always charge witg a 2a trickle. And most new chargers have agm mode that switches to auto float when done charging....I hope ur not using a standard battery charger without a agm mode..easy way to toast batteries
It's an old sears charger. We also have this BMW 1.25a charger

s3O722s.jpg

4eOgnW4.jpg

Not sure how well it still functions but set the sears one to 2a deep cycle and watch it for a few hours and make sure it kicks off and doesnt swell up ...after it cycles check the voltage immediatly ..then let it sit amd check it every hour for a few hours to see how much it loses ..and if it drops back down to low 12s high 11s I wouldnt even run it

b-but I just bought this new one and got a free matching one today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Ok well I am doing work for this girl who works at a tow truck place so I will see if she can find any AGM batteries.

I also just realized that I would need to either bridge the vent or drill a new hole for a new vent for this one, which I don't want to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

What do you think I can get for this used one?

I was looking at the kinetik hc600b for $50 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38795_Kinetik-HC600B-KHC600B.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp3806160&gclid=CI_KwZ_TmLsCFcJ0Qgod1hYAyg

Also found this - not sure if this is the same thing or not, but $40 is nice http://www.ecomelectronics.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=3312926&gclid=CLGNo4rTmLsCFZRffgod7xwAUQ

Ok well I am doing work for this girl who works at a tow truck place so I will see if she can find any AGM batteries.
I also just realized that I would need to either bridge the vent or drill a new hole for a new vent for this one, which I don't want to do //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

What do you think I can get for this used one?

I was looking at the kinetik hc600b for $50 Kinetik HC600B (KHC600B) 850 Amp 12V Car Audio Power Cell

Also found this - not sure if this is the same thing or not, but $40 is nice ecomElectronics.com - Power-Sonic - Black 12V 18AH NB/T3 High Current Battery Replaces Kinetik HC600 HC600B - PS-12180NB
Yea those are both tiny and not worth it ..u need like group 34 or group 31 to see substantial help if ur running over 1500rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.