24 volt dump truck

Participant count
  • Participant list

paconyx
10+ year member

i have a 89 nissan condor, its a mini dumper(diesel) with 2 batteries. so its a 24 volt system through out the truck . i have no way of putting in my cd player unless i run direct to one of the two batteries. however when i do that the player drains the batteries over night n i have to jump it in the morning.

i know a step down voltage regulator would be needed to play 12v components,but is there any way i can wire my system without the need of the regulator.

A 24Volt system would be wired in series. You need to look at the cables closely. If the positives from both batteries are connected, it is parallel, which is just a regular 12v system with an extra battery. Verify this first or post a pic of the batteries for us. You might have a 24v system, but most diesels are just 12v with dual batts.

Just for general information i live in the bahamas, and we have both american and japanese vehicles here. A 89 nissan Condor is a japanese mini dump truck. Now the batteries are wired in series. The entier truck is indeed 24v. From the head light bulbs to the break light bumbs, to the cigeratte lighter everything, I probed the fuse panel just to see if i could find a 12v lead to piggyback off of, trust me its 24v straight through. I will post a pic later if needed.

wire the constant wire and the ground direct to the bat from the radio and use a 24volt relay to trigger the 12 acc wire to turn on the radio. just find the wire that has switch source from the ignition and run from there to number 86 on the relay then go from number 85 on the relay to ground then from the wire that is constant on the radio this should be yellow go to relay number 28 and finely go from number 30 to acc wire on radio this should be a red wire. here is a pick of a relay to give you a idea just look at the numbers on the relay ignore the writing.

http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/relay-wiring-parrot.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.