2015 F150 System *****

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mikebiker

Hello to all. I am obviously new here. I am by no means a sound expert or even close but I can tell good from bad. I have a new 2015 F150 Platinum with the Factory Sony Premium 700 Watt 10 Speaker system with a sub woofer. Compared to my 2012 Platinum this truck has terrible sound. I have compared it side by side with the old truck and another 2015. The old truck is great compared to either of the 2015s. The second 2015 is better then mine.

My observations are When fading front to rear the volume diminishes by 1/2.

The sound is not full and seems to come mainly from my door speaker.

I can not hear a thing out of the sub even with my ear 10 inches from it, I can feel it vibrate.

With my wife in the back seat she can not hear anything but the front with the balance set a center truck.

There is bass but it is nothing compared to my old truck and it has an odd sound to it.

The sound distorts at volume.

I am using an IPOD for input. The radio on Sirius is a waste. I tried a CD and it was not good and had poor volume.

Is this a head problem? I don't mind upgrading things if needed but it seems wrong to have to upgrade the system on a truck of this level. Some 2015 owners are quite happy and they are actually very qualified to give an opinion.

It also seems like upgrading things with a bad head unit will not fix the true problem but maybe place a band aid on it at best.

Can you give me some educated opinions on this without getting so technical as to go right past me.

Thanks

thats why I got the stock 6 speaker. See if yours has occ mode, centered around driver sounds pretty good in mine. Leave the bass, treble on 0. If anything lower the bass a few ticks.

If you can't get it good enough the best route is adding a processor running small amps. Just amp the stock speakers.

sony anything in car audio is generally pretty bad, i wouldnt be surprise their package system sounds like @ss. a JBL ms 8 will have processing power to fix the sound along with a decent 20 watts to power each stock speaker, tweeter midrange properly. As for the subwoofer, you'll just have to bypass that amp and do a totally new subwoofer setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.