2012 Type R blown already

pd298
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
oklahoma
I just got two new Alpine swr12d2's hooked up to a kicker zxs1500.1. They have only been hooked up for about three weeks or so, and I believe one of the voice coils is already blown on one of the subs. They are seeing less than 800 Watts per sub, and they are rated to handle 1000 rms. Anyone looking into buying these subs be very cautious about how much power you give them.

I'm talking to the eBay store as we speak about warranty covering them.

The only clue that I'm going off of right now is that it is not hitting like it use too,and its not hitting like the other sub. I haven't pulled it from the box and inspected it yet.

Speaker wire loose for sure. If they never smelled strongly and or smoked the coils should be fine. Even on a clipped signal at that power level on those subs I would think they could handle it.

They are only rated at 600rms I ran 2 off a RF T1000bdcp I went thru a few always smelling coil burn than one would burn up, I got new ones under warranty than sold them. Probably pushing them a little to hard like me.

They are only rated at 600rms I ran 2 off a RF T1000bdcp I went thru a few always smelling coil burn than one would burn up, I got new ones under warranty than sold them. Probably pushing them a little to hard like me.
He is talking about the new ones... I bet there is a little more to it then whys being said...

After further inspection today,the jumper that Alpine provides to wire the subs with came loose disabling the coil. Speaker is still operational now. I feel dumb.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.