2012 Mazda 3 w/bose system install issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

emsguy630

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone. New to the forum here so please excuse me if something like this has already been discussed. I have a 2012 mazda 3 itouring w/skyactive sedan with the factory w the stock Bose Audio system. Yesterday I put in a new double din head unit into the car and came across a weird issue that I can't seem to figure out. My mazda requires the special wiring harness (PAC Rp4-Mz11) Wiring harness . This wiring harness has RCA leads on the end. The first thing I noticed is that the bottom speaker on the driver side door was not working. I started to troubleshoot the issue with the speaker possibly not working because of this wiring harness. While troubleshooting, I had an old wire harness from a previous head unit that I tested and instead of using the RCA's I connected the left and front speaker wires. The door speaker still did not work, however, I noticed that now I can hear a beeping noise when I press a button on the screen of the new touch screen. (This is a feature that you can turn off/on in the settings menu on the radio. ) Why am I able to hear this beeping noise after I press a key on the radio when I am directly hooked up to the speaker wires as opposed to having the rca jacks plugged into the back of the new head unit? It is very possible that the stock speaker on the driver side has been blown for quite some time because I haven't recently messed around changing the balance/fader settings. I'm also now wondering if my amplifier is bad and I am considering just bypassing the factory amp all together. It's been a while since I had to bypass a factory amp, but if I remember correctly, I need to jump the input and output wires together after unplugging the connectors at the amp , correct? I do already have a wiring diagram for the vehicle.

Hello everyone. New to the forum here so please excuse me if something like this has already been discussed. I have a 2012 mazda 3 itouring w/skyactive sedan with the factory w the stock Bose Audio system. Yesterday I put in a new double din head unit into the car and came across a weird issue that I can't seem to figure out. My mazda requires the special wiring harness (PAC Rp4-Mz11) Wiring harness . This wiring harness has RCA leads on the end. The first thing I noticed is that the bottom speaker on the driver side door was not working. I started to troubleshoot the issue with the speaker possibly not working because of this wiring harness. While troubleshooting, I had an old wire harness from a previous head unit that I tested and instead of using the RCA's I connected the left and front speaker wires. The door speaker still did not work, however, I noticed that now I can hear a beeping noise when I press a button on the screen of the new touch screen. (This is a feature that you can turn off/on in the settings menu on the radio. ) Why am I able to hear this beeping noise after I press a key on the radio when I am directly hooked up to the speaker wires as opposed to having the rca jacks plugged into the back of the new head unit? It is very possible that the stock speaker on the driver side has been blown for quite some time because I haven't recently messed around changing the balance/fader settings. I'm also now wondering if my amplifier is bad and I am considering just bypassing the factory amp all together. It's been a while since I had to bypass a factory amp, but if I remember correctly, I need to jump the input and output wires together after unplugging the connectors at the amp , correct? I do already have a wiring diagram for the vehicle.
Open manual, see "important note" #6
This may be your issue.

If it's only one speaker that's not working and not the whole driver's side, I would be suspect of the speaker itself being a problem.

Attachments

• 541RP4MZ11_N.PDF
    313.9 KB · Views: 97
The PAC wiring harness already comes with RCA's spliced into the speaker wires. Is that not correct?
Thats the manual for that harness. RP4-MZ11
You can take the speaker wire from the stereo and put female rcas on the end of them.

Disclaimer: i don't actually know if this will fix your problem. Just an idea

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 37
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...