2009 Pontiac G6

Participant count
  • Participant list

carshateme
10+ year member

Flint, Mi
Got a 2009 Pontiac G6, came with 15% on all windows but the front windshield. Black Dubs rims.

Audio Wise, right now; Later will be cosmetic stuff, like HID headlights and 5% tint on all windows

As for the build: SQ/SQL/SPL.....to be honest...I don't know. I just want loud and ground pounding.

w3ec.jpg

Here's the upcoming stuff going/being done in this ride:

• H/O Alternator built by Micheal Singer (Being built)
  • All stock speaker wiring torn out and Knukonceptz 16 gauge installed
  • AudioTechnix 12 gauge for the subwoofers
  • AudioTechnix 1/0 gauge powerwire
  • Kno Knoise Resonance Control Bulk Pack 52.5sq ft
  • (2) Sundown Audio NEO Pro 8" midbass *One per door*
  • (2) Sundown Audio 6.5cs w/tweeters *One per door*
  • (2) Sundown Audio SA-12 D2s wired to .5ohms
  • Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D
  • Sundown Audio SAX-100.4
  • Sundown Audio SAX-125.2
  • XS Power S1200 *Under hood battery*
  • (2) XS XP750 batteries *Will upgrade later*
  • Rockford 3.Sixty.3 Signal Processor
  • Box Design by RAM Design, built by me
  • Big 3 Upgrade
  • Box ported- Sealed off, facing inwards in the cabin.
  • Fiberglass front panels
  • Doors/Trunk/Floor deadened out

Front stage is going active, the 6.5s will have their own separate channels as well as the tweeters.

The 125.2 is for the 8" midbass.

Things I may do later on:

I may put (2) Sundown Audio Neo Pro 6.5" Midbass in the rear fill....maybe. I'm going to see how it sounds with just the front and some random 6x9s in the back.

Any suggestions/ideas would be gladly appreciated for the rear fill...as you can tell, I'm trying to stick with Sundown Audio...it's my OCD to match stuff. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the 8s with so little bass. The sa6.5cs set will get plenty loud and have good midbass if installed correctly. Plus less to have to tune and time align. A neopro 6.5 instead of the mid out of the comp set might be a better alternative.

my advice "keep it stupid simple" makes everything else easier.

the batts look fine but unless u have both already or you have space issues you might be better off with 1 bigger batt

Ah, I don't know yet. I'm thinking about just getting a big battery, Might be a better idea instead of two small ones. Thinking about reusing my old blue top that I've had laying around for a while....did an excellent job at taking 3,000rms with no problem in my buick. I figured I'd go with 8s because last time I had some 12s from DC audios...my 6.5s couldn't keep up...so I figured I'd give them a shot.

Got started on my passenger door, due to the fact that the speaker was blown and was causing problems with the system..like random fades in and out when turning and such... So this 6.5 in the door is temporary, til I get started on the 8". I can't keep the 6.5s in them anyways...window hits the end of the speaker without no mdf rings. Got some deadener on it.

Installed Alpine 6x9s type Rs in the rear fill...for shits and giggles. Put some deadener back there as well...not finished, but..going to see if I need anymore due to the fact that nothing rattles back there.

Solder job..not the greatest...but it's something that works.

q1p7.jpg

goh3.jpg

s7og.jpg
u3jz.jpg

td8b.jpg

ue30.jpg

Thank you, I have all the equipment, just have to wait for the 125.2 and my alternator. It got delivered today, but I wasn't home to sign the package. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Here's some pictures..I'm a ******* and didn't take a before picture of the alternator //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Sorry

Alternator is 310 Max / 275A after heat and 190+idle.

Ran into a small problem trying to install it...Nothing washers didn't fix.

94x7.jpg

Installed and almost wired up.

brxa.jpg

Big 3 upgrade:

3pdw.jpg

pwug.jpg

713l.jpg

(That yellow wire is running to the ignition fuse)

Ran into a problem at first. Scared me for a minute. The stock wires did not want to work with the alternator..I was running off my battery for a few minutes...voltage dropped down to 11.7..so I messaged Mike. He got back at me in the matter of minutes to help me out and told me to wire it to my ignition fuse. So I did. Now I'm happily sitting at 14.9volts. Thank you Mike Singer!

Okay, This week is the week. Hopefully everything goes as well as I want it to (which rarely it does). Goal is to have EVERYTHING installed, tuned out, running and everything. I'm not going to like the gas bill considering I'm traveling a round trip of 40miles to a buddy of mine's house to help me out due to the 3 bad discs in my back. In case he sees this, I thank you man for helping me out. Plenty of pictures will be taken of all the work. We shall see if I have to chop my trunk up or not...either way..this box is getting in my trunk lol. I can't take not having any bass in my car anymore. Stay tuned. Starting tomorrow @ around 3pm will have pictures uploaded at the end of the day tomorrow...hopefully

Okay, here we are. Due to the fact that it was way to cold out, we got a little done. Here's the pictures (Sorry for the delay, but yesterday was Thanksgiving)

Stuff is unpacked in the garage and ready to get put into the vehicle (Yes everything is on something, battery is on a sheet of deadener, same as the speakers)

o0cp.jpg

tqn3.jpg

Back seat was a breeze getting out. BTW, Does anyone want about 1/2 lb of sand...lmao. Found this under the seat...a lot of sand; Might keep it in there..might add a few deebeez

wcao.jpg

jhir.jpg

Started doing the trunk. The spare wheel well is so thin..when we put the battery in it..thought the battery was going to fall through the metal. Car also dipped down 3/4"...might need to get some better springs.

ao7u.jpg

uy3y.jpg

aba4.jpg

Started ripping the doors aparts. Found out some good news. The 8" midbass will fit in there, no problem, with no fiberglassing needed. Just have to cut out the holes in the door panel.. bottom part will stick out maybe 1/2" Nothing that can't be covered.

7hox.jpg

Ran the 1/0 gauge power wire though a small hole in the firewall (where the hood latch cable goes through. Put a lot of silicone around it..**** car smells horrible //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

20ya.jpg

6uri.jpg

Here's goremastercustomaudio from SMD putting in the silicone.

b9o4.jpg

I jumped in to overkill it with silicone lol...can't have any water getting in.

8ooe.jpg

Now the wood is getting cut TODAY. and everything is hopefully going in the car today as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Okay. We're all done! Most of the credit goes to GoreMasterCustomAudio from SMD; without his expertise and help...I would've never got this build done.

Here's the rest of the pictures:

I didn't feel like fiberglassing the panels..would've taken way to long..but down the road I will. But they sound awesome where they're positioned now.

vnpq.jpg

tq43.jpg

ghl2.jpg

xo0q.jpg

ue0u.jpg

3vll.jpg

Here's the box construction...now for those who said it wouldn't fit..you're exactly right. We had to pound around at the corner pieces inside the cab to get the box to slide in. Even then..they had to kick the box in and build the top inside the trunk.

wnub.jpg

0jup.jpg

nvzg.jpg

ttkf.jpg

zzoq.jpg

tlzu.jpg

wz29.jpg

Subwoofers in the box. They were awfully heavy.

k3b4.jpg

GoreMasterCustomAudio tuning the Rockford 3.sixty.3 processor

ce72.jpg

This is what the back looks like all done. Thanks to GoreMasterCustomAudio. Looks pretty **** clean for a rush job.

m42c.jpg

7djx.jpg

wxp7.jpg

Installed my volt meter.

Car off:

2rqj.jpg

Car on:

5pi6.jpg

The system sounds awesome! Needs some deadener on the roof...everything rattles inside the car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I got some flex going on my rear window. We blew the tweeters right off the bat when we turned the amps on..so I got to buy some better ones. Fake floor and amp rack will be added later on. Going to have a buddy of mine put his termlab on my system to see what I'm hitting on the meter. I believe the system can do hairtricks at .5ohms. Unfortunately my car doesn't like that, so the subs are at 2ohms currently until I get more batteries or recone the subs with d4s and make em run at 1 ohm.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.