2008 GMC Sierra build for four 8" subs in fiberglass ported box with 3" seat raise

Im beginning to build up my threads of useful knowledge, experiences, and answers again. Its been a while.

I need to get my laptop back so I can update my build log and add another build log of a customers car I did a couple weekends ago on my birthday weekend. He drove 250 miles for me to install it. I had him help since he wanted to learn so I had to stop every 10 minutes to help him, show him how to do something, redo/correct his mistakes, etc... or I would have had it done in two days instead of 4 days. Didn't help the first 2 days we were running around all over north Dallas getting stuff like an amplifier wiring kit that he said he already had, but it was cheapo junk and 8 guage power and ground and among other things like s "2000 watt amp" that actually only put out 400wrms at 2 ohm + more crap we had to chase down last minute

Looks BA with those tips. I might have to get one. On my seat lift, i realized id hit the amps as well, im just gonna make the top holes for the seats a 1/2 inch forward or so. I wish i thought to order my stuff pre cut.... its hell cutting through 3 inch c channel thats a 1/4inch+.
Not sure if a 1/2" is enough, or atleast it wouldn't be for me because my Audiopipe AQX-360.4 is a bit thicker than most amps. I still haven't figured it out yet. I have been focusing on other things. If you do it or find another solution, please post your results in this thread. When do you plan on doing this? Im a out to install my subs next week

Well guys, I can give you all updates but they will be without pictures till I get my laptop back or a replacement from Asus.

I ordered my 4 D4 SA-8 V2's on Thursday. Going to take 3 days to get them shipped out because they need to go through Quality Control first. So I'm looking at getting a sub woofers in by Wednesday or so. Right now I'm currently working on a temporary box made out of wood, not with a fiberglass bottom like I originally planned, although im going to still try to give fiberglassing a shot. So by my calculations of dentistry wood box only I can get 3.65 cubic feet of air space before displacement. I'm going to make 2 ports. 1 firing on each side at the rear driver side door and one firing at the rear passenger side door. I am also going to be doing slot ports. 3 different ports making them interchangeable to slide in and out just to play with them. The 30hz port will be in the box primarily. The other two are just to play around with.

1st - 30hz

2nd - 35hz

3rd - 40hz

I'm going to be doing a fiberglass front baffle for my subs so I can get some experience on fiberglassing. Maybe this will help me learn how to fiberglass so when i make my second box, I will have already played with fiberglass and will know how to fiberglass the bottom portion of the box. I was surprised that my calculations that I can go and get 3.65 cubic feet of air space just by building a wood box. So I'm making 2 boxes, one on each side and a middle piece to connect the two. Still haven't figured out how I'm going to mount my super long Audiopipe 30001D amplifier. I'm not gonna worry about it too much because this is only a temporary box and I am not going to use my plexi glass to make this box to all custom. I'll focus on my customization with the windows and the plexiglass with leds, logos in the plexi and everything else.

So when I do my fiberglass bottom box, I should be able to get at least probably 4 cubic feet especially by using Precision Ports.

I ended up drilling the holes an inch apart. But i have not gotten to installing yet. I really cant lift the seats. My foot is still healing from the surgery. Its probably going to be a bit before i get to it.

I ended up drilling them an inch apart. Test fit it and it fits good. Plenty of space behind the seat. The angle is a little bit shallow for the seat back and it seems like way more than an inch closer to the front but it fits. I dont have people back there much anyways.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.