2008 GMC Sierra build for four 8" subs in fiberglass ported box with 3" seat raise

Looks good with the painted bumpers. A lot better than the chrome IMO. Did you do it yourself or have someone else paint it? Awesome component choices also
Body Shop out of East Dallas. I know the owner. The truck is going back there in about an hour actually. Im getting a couple touch ups and getting my new Spintech Pro Street muffler put on with my 4" diameter, 18" long black exhaust tips. I should have the truck back tomorrow.

Thanks for all of the compliments guys!

Well I got the speakers wired up last night. After running into a snag with one of my Focal Tweeters being screwed, I had to run over to Chet's house (cwill5) and grab some Digital Design silk dome T1 tweeters.

They are much much more laid back than my fronts. I havent done any EQing yet with my laptop on my Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1, but I dont have any tweeter attenuation with my Focal K2P crossovers. They are giving me a hollow sound. Seems like I need to do some EQing when I get my truck back so I can bump up that tweeter in the rear.

When I get it back, Im going to test fit the 40 part of the rear seat. I already know I am going to have issues with the middle bracket and my amplifier. I am going to have to shift the amplifier to the left about an inch and a half and I think I only have an inch. I'd really hate to have to trim my factory door trim. The other issue is that this AQX-360.4 amp from Audiopipe is extremely thick. Im hoping I wont clearance issues there either. If I do, Then I may have to mount it to the wall directly and just put some 1/4" wood in between it just to keep it away from rattling even though I have the wall Dynamatted. Man thats going to **** if I have to do that. I Liquid nails the hell out of that back wall

Just incase anyone is interseted, since Im getting my new muffler put on today, I am selling my Flowmaster 40 Series muffler. There is nothing wrong with the muffler. I have just ran the same sound for the past 3 years and I am looking for something different. I live in the south, so we use sand, not salt on the roads, plus our winters here are mild. I think our average high temp this winter was 63*. So it just needs to be polished up and it would take the surface rust off and would look great, but who cares, its a muffler, no one will see inside of it anyway.

Single in, Dual out

3" in, 2.5" out

2012-03-25_21-53-58_780.jpg

2012-03-25_21-55-30_447.jpg

2012-03-25_21-54-49_810.jpg

2012-03-25_21-55-24_234.jpg

2012-03-25_21-54-35_274.jpg

Sounds great. I can post up video's, from my GoPro Hero2 1080p POV camera, later when I get back.

Everything looks good so far. Oh, and I want your factory 20"s, lol.
I'll let you buy them. They are in flawless shape. Piratically new to be honest.

I say I'd sell them to you because I want some black 20's.

Well got some goodies in today.

Received a Stinger 1/0 in and out Amp and Voltage gauge. I needed this, because when I cut my 1/0 awg power cable when I did my install the first time a few years ago, I had it mounted differently. Now that I am mounting my Distrobution blocks on the rear back wall in the middle, I needed something to extend that 1/0 cable so I figured this would be the best way to do it. I wanted to make sure it was this style instead of having to crimp my own connections and screw them in. So this will fit well with what I am trying to do.

2012-03-26_14-16-06_890.jpg

2012-03-26_14-16-16_103.jpg

2012-03-26_14-17-14_192.jpg

2012-03-26_14-17-23_626.jpg

Exhaust.

So I received my Spintech 6000 Pro Street 3" single in, 2 1/2" Dual Out High Performance Muffler. This will be replacing my Flowmaster 40 Series of the same dimensions. This is going to give me a different sound. Just looking for a change. The FlowMaster muffler is for sale.

I just dropped my truck off at the exhaust shop to get the exhaust work done, alignment and possibly new struts since I am at 55k miles. I think I should be ok at 55k miles. I'll have to check my Owners Manual as I dont think I should have to replace these by now.

I also received my black 4" Diameter, 18" long Black Exhaust tips. Im not sure how these are painted, but the paint seems similar to bed liner type paint, but not nearly as rough. It has a rough surface. They look mean as heck. I slid the new tip over my chrome tip, so the diameter is definately bigger. Im hoping this will help improve my sound and give me maybe a lower deeper sound. I think my current chrome muffler tips are 3 - 3 1/2" in diameter.

Here are the pics

The Box

2012-03-26_14-17-54_853.jpg

The Muffler

2012-03-26_14-20-30_867.jpg

2012-03-26_14-22-10_917.jpg

Width view

2012-03-26_14-23-27_189.jpg

Inlet view

2012-03-26_14-22-35_762.jpg

Outlet views

Right side

2012-03-26_14-22-28_679.jpg

New Tail Pipes

2012-03-26_16-13-54_158.jpg

2012-03-26_16-14-03_888.jpg

Me sliding the front over my existing chrome tip. Its obviously backwards because the inlet is 2 1/2" and my existing chrome tips are 3"- - 3 1/2". But this gives you an idea of what it will look like

2012-03-26_16-13-20_690.jpg

Well thats it for now. I know this part isnt car audio related, but hey, its a part of my build. I have video from my GoPro Hero2 camera of my Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust suction cupped to my tail gate. I haven't heard it yet. I will do the same once I get the new exhaust put on.

I wont get my truck back till late tomorrow if not early Wednesday. I am getting a couple things touched up at the body shop, but the exhaust shop wont be done with my truck till noon. Im having them go over my entire suspension. I may start looking at adjustable performance coil over struts, shocks and maybe an even bigger sway bar than the one that came with my Z60 Sport Suspension package that came with my truck.

Oh, I almost forgot about my doors. Here is some progress I have made on my doors. Sorry for the poor picture quality. It was taken when the sun was coming in straight in from the west. This is me sealing off my rear doors with 1/2" wood. Too many large holes. No wonder Im not getting any midbass.

Oklahoma Ingenuity at its finest. If you look closely, you can see that I had to drill a screw and made a washer out of the plastic from my door where I drilled out for my tweeter. I then tied speaker wire from that screw and washer to my seat hooks then to my headrest to pull on the wood (The wood is on the inside of the door with liquid nails) and then I started hanging any heavy tool as possible to pull as much as possible. I did this on both sides.

2012-03-25_18-24-43_974.jpg

2012-03-25_18-24-36_333.jpg

Progress being made on sealing up my doors

Before the top left hole

2012-03-24_19-41-17_54.jpg

2012-03-24_19-42-13_699.jpg

About to set the top piece in

2012-03-24_19-41-36_413.jpg

I havent even done the fronts. I have to sound deaden my doors all over again. I havent decided if I should just put the sound deadener back over my doors even though its not sticking very well and then put a second layer of Dynamat or if I should take it all off and start all over again with my Dynamat. I'll be honest. Doing this whole sealing up the holes in the doors has been time consuming. Dropping things down in there, trying to come up with creative ways to get that thing I dropped in the doors out of there. Its a pain in the rear. I just hope all of this pays off.

utopia pics?
Will have to wait till I get my truck back and open up my front doors to see what kind of holes I'll be dealing with there. The Utopia's, just like the K2P's have already been in my truck for the past few years.

Well guys, I just got my truck back from getting my new black larger 4" tail pipes installed along with replacing my Flowmaster 40 Series muffler to a SpinTech 6000 ProStreet muffler.

I must say, I love the look of the new black exhaust tips. Since I have painted the chrome front and rear bumpers along with the factory grill black to match... I have gotton rid of all of the chrome. The only chrome I had left on the truck was the 3 1/2" exhaust tips. So now its official. Im fully blacked out (unless you include my rims, which I havent decided if I should save up and get some black 20's. I like my factory 20" wheels.) Let me know what you all think about me getting black 20's. I had some in mind. I'll have to start looking again.

Now as for the sound. WOW. Im simply amazed. Its lower, has more authority, deeper, nice low loud rumble, and its louder. It was well worth switching it out. I loved the sound of my Flowmaster 40 Series muffler, but it was time for a change. I'm one of those guys who like a change every 3 years whether its a new vehicle, different exhaust, different subs, etc...

I'll have to bust out my GoPro Hero2 HD 1080p camera and mount it to my tailgate like I did last week to hear my Flowmaster 40's. I did that so I could show all of you the difference in the sound and so when I sell my Flowmaster, people can hear how great that Flowmaster sounded. It's a great muffler. Nothing wrong with a Flowmaster 40 series. I enjoyed it. This would fit on a car or a truck. Its a single in, dual out. So if anyone wants a great sounding muffler, which I believe the Flowmaster 40 is the best sounding series muffler made by Flowmaster, let me know. Im selling it for cheap.

What do you guys think of the exhaust tips?

Here are my old tips. Sorry I dont have a better pictures. This is the only picture I have of the rear of my truck. This is when a couple of @ssholes decided to attempt and steal my wheels. They had all lugnuts off and got one wheel off and the jack fell on them so my drivers rear wheel was halfway on, halfway off. Good thing was, was that my truck was just a few months old so when I got a new wheel and tire, there was no difference in wear and tear. But hey, I got me a new jack out of the deal. I invested in Gorilla locking lugnuts for every single stud.

417575_10150589724949413_509279412_9115812_325023025_n.jpg

New tail pipes

2012-03-27_18-09-36_263.jpg

2012-03-27_18-09-45_758.jpg

Looks BA with those tips. I might have to get one. On my seat lift, i realized id hit the amps as well, im just gonna make the top holes for the seats a 1/2 inch forward or so. I wish i thought to order my stuff pre cut.... its hell cutting through 3 inch c channel thats a 1/4inch+.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.