2008 G6 Steering Wheel Control wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

Manuelxr7

Hi! new here so Not sure if this is the right section, I have a 2008 G6 GXP, and I installed a 2010 G6 steering wheel so I could use the DIC buttons on the 2010 wheel with my 2010 Gauge cluster I installed. Everything works on the wheel except for the "Info" and "Enter" buttons. I have attatched diagrams of my 2008, and of a 2010. It looks like I need to add a wire/relay where it says "Instrument cluster 1358 D-GN/WH" on the 2010 diagram. I am not very good with this stuff, so even if someone can just tell me what needs to be done I could take my car to an installer to have it done. (I also have had my BCM programmed to 2010 specs)View attachment 26539410View attachment 26539411

where are the original info and enter buttons for a 2008 wired to? if a 2008 didn't have either of those inputs, then neither does the 2008 computer. adding programming doesn't add inputs. a relay won't work. the 2010 looks for specific resistances to determine what button was pressed.

The 2008 doesn't have those buttons on the steering wheel, it has them on the radio. My computer is fully setup for it to work. WAMS did it. I was told that I need to "add a green/white tracer wire from pin 1, circuit 1358 to IPC cavity B3" and that's all they told me, to me that is in a different language lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.