2008 C6 Corvette

Participant count
  • Participant list

Trancer
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Allen, Texas
Wow, I havent been here in a while. Everything has changed. I cant seem to find the Advanced Search button anywhere.

Anyway, im purchasing a new C6 Vette. Hard top. I have 2 RE SEx 12's. Not sure if I want to run just 1 12 or both 12's. On a Phoenix Gold Tantrum 1200.1 which we all know does around 1500 watts at 2 ohms on the birthsheet.

Two 12's overkill for a vette with a hatch back? I also cant seem to find many enclosures for the vette that will fit a 12. Everyone has enclosures for 10's with the stupid JL 10 already in it.

I have been googling and found one. It says its for a Z06, but has the option for a coupe. Im not sure if that means a non Z06 or not. Not only that, but dang. $700? Seriously? Too bad Subthump.com doesnt have one. I love their boxes. Very solid. I use to make my own boxes, but Im just tired of making boxes. I have made like 30 of them for myself and friends and Im just burnt out on it plus I dont live at home with my parents anymore. That was like, 10 years ago.

C6 Z06 Subwoofer Box and Amp Rack

Let me know what you think guys. Thanks!

Two 12's overkill in a Corvette? I don't know man; last time I sat in a Corvette, though the stock system was loud and the cleanest thing I had ever heard...

you know what. I sat in that car, cranked it up and my god. I was sooooo impressed with the SQ and how that thing sounded. It shook all of the mirrors, rearview and side mirrors. I was beyond impressed. I forgot to check to see if it was Bose or not. But sooner or later, I will get bored with it.. $3000 worth of stereo equipment will start to eat at me... Ill leave everything else alone. Ill just want to put the sub and amp in there. The Focal's and the other Tantrum and Clarion amp can just sit there.

But +1 for Chevy on the stereo they put in that car.

Haha, yeah, that's what I'm saying, man. I was super impressed, but I've done a LOT to my car since then and don't know if I'd find it impressive anymore. Anyway, yes, the factory system is Bose.

Put them both in there, you can never have too much low end...not to mention you already own two subs. If you don't always care for excessive bass, you can just turn the levels down with a remote gain or EQ. Those subs only need 1.5 each ported. You could use them in sealed to save space or if you're an essque ***, but they'll sound amazing in the right ported box to begin with...

I love ported, but with it being a hatchback, I was thinking of going sealed. Im a ported man all the way, but when you go hatchback, you go sealed.

So are you saying all Vette's no matter what trim model, have the BOSE stereo? If thats true, awesome!

What I would do, is disconnect the factory subs.

Id keep it stock for a few months while I took my time on building a really really nice enclosure with lights, plexi, etc... The factory would keep my entertained. Oh yeah, so would the LS3 in a 6 speed. Hopefully I get to go pick it up next week.

Hello fellow C6 brother! I have a ragtop, so I don't have quite the same issues as you on installs since mine are worse //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Unfortunately ive not seen any enclosure that accepts larger than a 10" but here is the cheapest ive found for the 10" - 4080 Enclosures :: OnLine Store

I suppose you could make a progressively larger speaker ring to get a 10" to fit, but personally id not bother and just buy a badass 10" to start with instead of throwing money on a custom made enclosure.

oh, and the stock bose system is TERRIBLE. The setup in my jeep sounds SOOOO good after driving around in my C6. I really need to rip all that bose **** out.

I love ported, but with it being a hatchback, I was thinking of going sealed. Im a ported man all the way, but when you go hatchback, you go sealed.
So are you saying all Vette's no matter what trim model, have the BOSE stereo? If thats true, awesome!

What I would do, is disconnect the factory subs.

Id keep it stock for a few months while I took my time on building a really really nice enclosure with lights, plexi, etc... The factory would keep my entertained. Oh yeah, so would the LS3 in a 6 speed. Hopefully I get to go pick it up next week.
Not necessarily. If you have a ported box with the port reflecting off the hatch, it should be balls loud.

I believe so. My dad's was a fairly basic '07 model.

I don't know what kind of factory sub it has, I think most of the bass is from the 8" misbasses in the doors.

Since you already have a solid factory system, take your time building a box. You don't have to rush things like I do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Yeah, I dont want to get rid of my 2 12" RE SEx's that I have. I love these subs. I may just have to go with a custom enclosure and take my time on it. I dont have the Vette yet, but should have it next week! I cant wait!

But on a sad note. Ill be trading my truck in. Im really sad about that. So sad, that I may NOT actualy do it. Its one of the sharpest trucks people have seen. I get compliments on it all the time. :-( I havent even done much to it besides dark tinted windows, stereo, dual side swept exhaust behind the back tires, and the front grill. The rest is factory 20's, GMC Sierra Quad Cab, Black, Leather with bucket seats, center consol, rear sonar sensors, adjustable pedals, towing package, led blinkers in the mirrors, mirrors and door handles painted to match... the list goes on

Not necessarily. If you have a ported box with the port reflecting off the hatch, it should be balls loud.
I believe so. My dad's was a fairly basic '07 model.

I don't know what kind of factory sub it has, I think most of the bass is from the 8" misbasses in the doors.

Since you already have a solid factory system, take your time building a box. You don't have to rush things like I do. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I like your thought process on that and I think I will go with that one. Didnt know the bass came from the side doors. hmmm... I guess that explains why the side mirrors were moving so rapidly.

Yeah they have 8" bose subs in the doors. They're kinda gay, I already got mine to rattle and ive not had the car but a month.

Oh, words of wisdom from another c6 owner, get rid of the F1 tires on it. They're an accident waiting to happen.

Really? They that bad? Whats the problem with them? What should I upgrade them to from your opinion?

Also, if they are 8" in the doors, should I just transfer my entire stereo thats in my truck into the vette? I wouldnt think the 8" woofers would be very good for midbass. I want the 8" woofers and tweeters to produce mids and high's, not bass. I know I can put a bass blocker, but wouldnt it be better if I were just to put my Focal 6.5" comps in there? Also, what is in the rear? The same?

I have a Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.1 so I can always adjust the frequency that goes to the 8" woofers.

Man, this might be more of a pain than I thought. I was just going to throw my 12" RE SEx and PG Tantrum in there and call it a day, but from what I am hearing, sounds like it will all conflict and I wont get the mids that I want. I want midbass, but I also want midrange. Do these 8" have the capabilities of producing midrange if I connect my 3Sixty.1 in there for a 40% midbass and 60% midrange?

What's ya'lls thoughts?

The F1's don't grip very well when going into 2nd gear. If you have the traction control tuned off you'll break sideways and lose control of the car. Terrible tires, I tell you. Im going to put drag radials on mine here soon.

If I were you id keep it simple and just add the sub and amp then play with the settings.

Thanks for the advice! Ill make sure to take it.

I dont think it would be a good idea for me to get drag radials. It will be my daily driver.

What do you think about the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus ZP?

Sorry, we got a bit off topic here. I think I should ask on a corvette message board.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.