2006 BMW 325i Audio Upgrade

Hi! I am new to this website. I have a 2006 BMW 325i and I am looking to replace all my speakers, receiver and add a sub or two with an amplifier. I have had some experience installing car audio equipment, but not in a BMW. The last car I installed was a 2007 Toyota Corolla. I installed 2 Infinity Kappa component speakers in the front and 2 Infinity Kappa 6x9s in the back. Along with a new Pioneer receiver and 2 Apline subs with an amp.

I am looking to do some custom work to my BMW but everywhere I have read seems like BMWs are hard to upgrade and not much fits. I have component speakers in the front and two speakers on the rear dashboard. Does anybody have any recommendations on what speakers will fit? All I have found so far is stuff from Bavarian Sound Works. The one problem is that I have never heard of these speakers and there are WAY more speakers than what I need and they are expensive for not being a name brand. Any help anyone can give me would be great!

Thank you all!

You have 2way 6.5 components up front and 2way 5.25 components in the rear with the rear tweeters being in the side panels...these are actually relatively easy cars to deal with once you have the correct information. If you have a convertible the factory amplifier is in the drivers side rear panel next to the back seat...if not a vert than it is in the drivers rear quarter panel in the trunk.

As for speakers you can fit near any 6.5 set in those front doors so start shopping. The deal with Bavafian sound works is tha they use Rainow drivers which anyone will tell you are great speakers and I believe they are modified to be direct drop in replacements for the factory to make them easy to install.

@Worlddre...my car is a 4 door sedan. I did find the amplifier in the trunk on the driver side. How sure are you about the speaker sizes? I just want to double and triple check everything before I get my hopes set on anything. The speaker grills in the front don't look like they would be 6.5". They look more like they would be 4". Is there any totally reliable way for me to find out what size speakers I need to buy without taking my car apart first? I know I will be able to do the work myself as long as I have directions which I was hoping to get from Crutchfield. I want to spend the money on the hardware and not the installation. Our local audio install shop does great work but they charge an arm and a leg.

Thanks,

Derek

Call BMW. Search a BMW forum. Or go on a car audio site that tells you what fits. I have no idea about the 06, I know the 96 fits 5.25 in the kicks, a 2.5 and a tweet in the door, with 4s in the rear deck lid. That's a 96 tho.

If you have an e46 then you will have a 6.5 in the bottom front of each door. If you have an e90/92 then you have 4" in the doors and 8" under each seat these sizes I'm positive of.

How much louder are you trying to get.

id say grab a nice 5/6 channel amp with 1 10/12 maybe smaller with a nice set of comps up front .its on you for the rear i would leave the stock

400-600 watts 100-200 for upfront and 2-300wrms for the subs.

Im pushing 100+ to each of my doors and prob no more than 250 watts to my subs and its setup custom so its loud and clear

@Worlddre...I have an e90. Crutchfield only says that one speaker fits the 4" spot in the front but I read that I have about 52mm of mounting depth and there are a lot more 4" speakers than that that have less than a 52mm mounting depth.

I am actually pretty happy with the sound quality of the BMW stock speakers. I have the hifi system with components in front and rear, I believe and 8" woofers under the seats. I am not happy with the bass though. What would be the best way to get better bass? Just a new amp? Or subs and a new amp? I assume I need to upgrade the receiver for sure to get the preouts and all the EQ settings. My speakers distort when the bass is too high.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.