2005 Civic Special Edition H/U install question

Participant count
  • Participant list

bikinpunk
10+ year member

G-g-g-g-g-unity!
Alabama
My wife drives a 2005 Civic LX Special Edition with a 6 disc mp3/cd changer that comes factory in these cars (nice deck). I'm wanting to go aftermarket and have heard that in these vehicles you can order a 99' Honda Accord pocket to go with the Civic dash kit so that the dash will have the cd player and a pocket below. Does anyone here know if this is true?

Here's what I was told:

Another way to mount the deck is to buy the radio pocket from a 1999 Honda Accord and ISO DIN mount it. The pocket alone runs about $30 but this allows you to reuse the Honda's double DIN brackets for real secure install. I just did this for an 06 CRV.

yup he is right

dashkit Bestkits: BKHONK809

Wireharness Bestkits: BHA1721

just pop out the section where the cig lighter is. there's 2 screws under there holdin the radio in. undo those. pop the whole radio/ac/heat consol out and it's pretty self explanitory from there on out..

yup he is rightdashkit Bestkits: BKHONK809

Wireharness Bestkits: BHA1721

just pop out the section where the cig lighter is. there's 2 screws under there holdin the radio in. undo those. pop the whole radio/ac/heat consol out and it's pretty self explanitory from there on out..
Cool. So on this one I don't have to go through the glove compartment? I know the older models are this way, and on my 06 civic I have to remove nearly the entire dash. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Edit: Checked your link. That's for a dash kit & wiring harness.

Can I use that dash kit, remove the pocket that's with it, and buy the flip-down pocket from the accord to replace it?

What he's saying is to use the factory mouting brackets and just order the accord pocket. That would be the only thing I need to order.

Like this:

honda6.JPG

Cool. So on this one I don't have to go through the glove compartment? I know the older models are this way, and on my 06 civic I have to remove nearly the entire dash. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
Edit: Checked your link. That's for a dash kit & wiring harness.

Can I use that dash kit, remove the pocket that's with it, and buy the flip-down pocket from the accord to replace it?

What he's saying is to use the factory mouting brackets and just order the accord pocket. That would be the only thing I need to order.

Like this:

honda6.JPG
yes you could do that.. with the flip down poket... just dont buy tha dashkit. iso mount the deck and pocket.. and ur good to go bro.

yes you could do that.. with the flip down poket... just dont buy tha dashkit. iso mount the deck and pocket.. and ur good to go bro.
I've been into car audio for a very long time and have done a lot of installs and I still have no idea what "iso mount" means, lol.

But, in this case, I'm assuming I'll have factory mounting brackets holding the current h/u in right now. Just drill holes to mount the single-din radio in, and then put the pocket in below it?

I've been into car audio for a very long time and have done a lot of installs and I still have no idea what "iso mount" means, lol.
But, in this case, I'm assuming I'll have factory mounting brackets holding the current h/u in right now. Just drill holes to mount the single-din radio in, and then put the pocket in below it?
x2 on the iso mount.. haha:rolleyes:

you shouldent need to drill holes at all.. the factory pocket should mount right up to factory holes along with the deck...

and make sure you get the pocket from the dealership ( or wherever you plan on getting it ) vehicle specific to your 05 honda civic....

ohh and also the trim ring might get in the way of the door of the pocket.... i mean honestly.. id just use the dashkit... but if you want on a door on ur pocket... it's whatever float's ur boat?!?!

x2 on the iso mount.. haha:rolleyes:you shouldent need to drill holes at all.. the factory pocket should mount right up to factory holes along with the deck...

and make sure you get the pocket from the dealership ( or wherever you plan on getting it ) vehicle specific to your 05 honda civic....

ohh and also the trim ring might get in the way of the door of the pocket.... i mean honestly.. id just use the dashkit... but if you want on a door on ur pocket... it's whatever float's ur boat?!?!
I gotcha. Yea, the uncertainty of getting the right pocket is enough to keep me from doing this.

I was told that a 1999 accord pocket is what I need, but the guy did the install on a CRV so I dunno...

Might just get the dang dash kit and be done with it.

I gotcha. Yea, the uncertainty of getting the right pocket is enough to keep me from doing this.
I was told that a 1999 accord pocket is what I need, but the guy did the install on a CRV so I dunno...

Might just get the dang dash kit and be done with it.
crv has a squre dash.. ur civic has one sice that is a little round...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.