2005 Blazer "Not So" Budget Build

Thanks, I was going to do 2 8's, but I got all 4 of these for $140 so I decided to make 4 work, lol....

I got the terminals on eBay as well, they are called "lugs".

UPDATE TIME!!!!

Well, I got most of it done this weekend. Ive found that my fiberglass pods arent going to work, theres not enough room for one 8", much less two. So I dont know what Im going to do now, probably sealed box for SQ but have thought about porting them....

On with the pics...

Thank you GM for making it such a pain in the *** to get to the rear speakers, lol.

Car_Audio_0041.JPG

Car_Audio_0172.JPG

Car_Audio_0181.JPG

Car_Audio_0052.JPG

I guess I forgot to take pics of the speakers installed but trust me they're in there...

Next was the doors. I wanted to leave it stock looking (no cutting the door panel) but the RF's didnt fit so I had to make a spacer and then the panel didnt fit over it.

Car_Audio_0082.JPG

So heres the finished product ( I guess I shouldve painted the blue piece too, its not noticeable in the truck but its VERY noticeable in the pics, lol)

Car_Audio_0162.JPG

Car_Audio_0182.JPG

Heres an extra pic of the back going back together, its starting to look like a truck again....

Car_Audio_0072.JPG

Next was the tweeters. I liked the way the stock system staged, so I decided to use the stock location for one tweeter and mount the other high on the a-pillar.

Car_Audio_0093.JPG

Car_Audio_0102.JPG

Car_Audio_0112.JPG

Car_Audio_0122.JPG

Car_Audio_0132.JPG

Car_Audio_0142.JPG

And heres a couple pics of the finished product. Waiting on what Im going to do for a box before I install the amps....

Car_Audio_0201.JPG

Car_Audio_0211.JPG

I cut my knuckle open pretty good while I was putting the seats back in so I wont get to building the box until probably next weekend.....

looks good, 2 doors do look like a ***** to get to the rear speakers... lol so much easier on the 4 doors, love the way you setup the mids on the front doors, i hate the stock grill :/

BOX IS BUILT!!

I didnt take any pics of it going to together as my camera wasnt home ( you guys have seen boxes built before anyways, lol). Snapped a few when she got home.

Just over 2 cubes, may need some polyfill, we'll see....

2 seperate chambers, 2 8"s in each...

Built solid and sealed, 3/4" MDF, glued no screws, and FG resined the inside and outside joints, rounded over the edges. Just painted it flat black for now...

Car_Audio_0012.JPG

Car_Audio_0022.JPG

Didnt get it all wired up last night, going to finish it up now, but heres some pics finished in the truck...

Car_Audio_003.JPG

Car_Audio_0042.JPG

Car_Audio_0053.JPG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.