2004 Ford Taurus trunk space

Participant count
  • Participant list

JoeK
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ringtown, PA
Due to my car accident this is the new vehicle insurance will pay for. Anybody know the dimensions of the trunk opening and/or the back seats fold down?

I got a box about 33W25D15H roughly that has to go in. 3.6cu net

Priorities when getting a new vehicle, >___>

That should fit ok. These are my box dimensions and it barley fits, had to take off the trunk latch to shoehorn it in.
HDC315.jpg

100_2359.jpg

That should fit ok. These are my box dimensions and it barley fits, had to take off the trunk latch to shoehorn it in.
HDC315.jpg

100_2359.jpg
Those dimensions are smaller than mine but they add up to 4.5?

How do systems generally sound in a taurus? Do the back seats come down?
No I unbolted mine tho prolly gunna put it back on tho..and one 12" is all it takes me without the seat to get loud .. With the seat in .. It's a bitchh

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Check out Timk13091 on YouTube

No I unbolted mine tho prolly gunna put it back on tho..and one 12" is all it takes me without the seat to get loud .. With the seat in .. It's a bitchh 

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Check out Timk13091 on YouTube
Are the deck speakers free-air? In my bonne i took them out and the cabin got a lot louder

My model has fold down seats which obviously makes it much louder with them folded down. Rear speakers are free air so they can be removed for more air flow through the rear deck. For the most part they are pretty hard to get loud. With my 15" AQ HDC3 running on my old MB Quart Discus 2000.1D i scored a 141.5db on TL, would probably score around 143db with my new sundown 2500. These cars get the loudest in the 40-43hz range.

All Gen3 and 4 Tauruses have the 4 speakers like he said. Some apparently had an additional 2. You can't see the rear speakers unless you look from the trunk.

My ProBox was tuned high (I believe theyre tuned around 37-42Hz) and hit ridiculously hard in this car with 2 CVRs on about 1000 watts.. LOTS of trunk and spoiler rattle though. When these XFLs go in the car just might fall apart

Also just a random tip, watch for leaks in the trunk... These cars are bad about that, and water is the last thing you want all over your subs and amp.

All Gen3 and 4 Tauruses have the 4 speakers like he said. Some apparently had an additional 2. You can't see the rear speakers unless you look from the trunk.
My ProBox was tuned high (I believe theyre tuned around 37-42Hz) and hit ridiculously hard in this car with 2 CVRs on about 1000 watts.. LOTS of trunk and spoiler rattle though. When these XFLs go in the car just might fall apart

Also just a random tip, watch for leaks in the trunk... These cars are bad about that, and water is the last thing you want all over your subs and amp.
Any tips for sealing any potential leaks?

Also, can anybody document how they ran their wire? Ill be doing 0awg run

Any tips for sealing any potential leaks?
Also, can anybody document how they ran their wire? Ill be doing 0awg run
I took my spoiler off and siliconed the crap out of the screws and snap connectors. I also siliconed the trunk vent flaps shut because mine were letting water in and making lots of noise when my subs hit. And also check the 5 screws right behind the trunk seal on the bottom.

As far as wiring goes, I ran mine through the stock firewall hole back to the trunk. It's a bit of trouble running it from the back seat to the trunk, I got a friend to shine a flashlight from the trunk through the hole and I ran the wire. And I grounded with a bolt I found near the stock amplifier on the driver side.

I took my spoiler off and siliconed the crap out of the screws and snap connectors. I also siliconed the trunk vent flaps shut because mine were letting water in and making lots of noise when my subs hit. And also check the 5 screws right behind the trunk seal on the bottom.
As far as wiring goes, I ran mine through the stock firewall hole back to the trunk. It's a bit of trouble running it from the back seat to the trunk, I got a friend to shine a flashlight from the trunk through the hole and I ran the wire. And I grounded with a bolt I found near the stock amplifier on the driver side.
Sounds like a decent install. THanks a lot for the info, this is most likely the vehicle ill be getting. But still investigating options

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.