2004 dodge neon build

Participant count
  • Participant list

QueSound15
10+ year member

I know a thing or two....
I know the vehicle isn't a prime one for a good sub build. Its what I have at the time, until college is out.

mods: Big 3 in OFC 0, stock 85amp alt (for now, will be upgrading to a 220 soon), interstate bat under hood, kinetik hc2400 in the trunk, OFC RF 4 front to back (until my 0 arrives in the mail).

radio: Kenwood excelon x595

speakers: dash 3.5" infinity kappa's....front doors 6.5" audioque coaxils....rear deck 6x9" vibe slick v2's

amps: new AQ1200D for substage (soon to be upgrading to the Crescendo BC2000D), and oldschool soundstream p205 for mids and highs.

substage: 1 15" AQ HDC3 D2 copper coil, wired down to 1 ohm. 8 gauge stinger hpm speaker wire.

custom box: ~4.2 cubes before all displacement (~3.76 after all displacement). 3/4" mdf, double front baffle, 1" dowel rod bracing, 1 6" aero port tuned at ~35 hertz. sub forward port forward, had to go low on height (15.75" tall box) to fit in the trunk.

what do you guys think so far? This is my first major system so to me its amazing so far. Need a new speaker amp sooner or later, i like the oldschool sound though.

pics are on my phone, if you wanna see them or suggest things just pm me

comments and suggestions welcome!!!!

just a fyi, you can get alts of other chryslers that are the same exact same case but higher amperage, a ram 318 has a 138a (i think), i run a 160a in my intrepid off of a durango with a 360 (firetruck package) just get the plug from the donor vehicle and cut yours off and wire it in, you may even find one with the same plug

just a fyi, you can get alts of other chryslers that are the same exact same case but higher amperage, a ram 318 has a 138a (i think), i run a 160a in my intrepid off of a durango with a 360 (firetruck package) just get the plug from the donor vehicle and cut yours off and wire it in, you may even find one with the same plug
Thanks for this, I saw a 220 on ebay for 216....didnt know if it is any good or not....either way i dont think anyone like mechman or dc power or singer make alts for my car that i can afford. ill see if i can find an alt off one of those vehicles to put on mine! thanks!

Also, I still am having dimming problems with my headlights and interior lights. Is this just because of my alt, or lack of haha. or could it be something as simple of grounds? my windows going up or down also make them dim.

until then fire port and sub into trunk lid will gain alot more output
alright ill try that, just was told that all forward was louder and stuff. i havent tried all back though, gonna ruin my trunk lid since i dont have sound deadner yet haha

alright ill try that, just was told that all forward was louder and stuff. i havent tried all back though, gonna ruin my trunk lid since i dont have sound deadner yet haha
yeah unless yoru sealed but sound waves need a certain distance be he heard properly kinda like when you hear a car bangin far away then when its close up its not as loud if that makes sence. yeah let me know how it sounds when you turn box around. Also it helps jsut having your port and sub loading off something before the sound makes it into the cabin it increased the travel

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.