2003 Ford Mustang

Participant count
  • Participant list

tfrost79

Okay before I hooked up the pioneer CD player that's now in the car the mustang was all factory and for a factory unit didn't sound to awful bad. I bought all the kits I was told I needed, mounting and wiring. While hooking the new pioneer unit up I noticed I had unplugged to plugs from the factory radio, the wiring kit I was sold only allowed me to hook up one. So that's what I did. Now it sounds like I've lost most of my sound. Only my mids and door speakers produce sound. The speakers are part of the MACH system. I don't think the speakers in the back dash are working. Is it the other plug I didn't hook up? If so, how do I go about hooking that plug up to this head unit? Please help. Thank you.

In my friends mustang with the Mach system that i did an install on, there are two amplifiers that power the speakers under the back dash. Not sure how you have front two but not the back speakers. I found out that just bypassing the front speakers for an amp will only get you the tweeters for whatever reason. Was the wiring harness you purchased an amp retention harness. The Metra® 70-5701 is one i found that should work for your car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.