2003 Eclipse HU's.

Originally posted by LWW Anybody seen them? Or heard them? or owned them?

Any and all help appreciated in advance.

PEACE
I have seen 1 of the mp3 decks and a 5 volt model at the local shop

They look great and are more well laid out than last year's(and I didn't have many issues with last year's models)

I have owned Eclipse decks(after owning pioneer, kenwood, alpine) for nearly 10 years.

They sound better than any other deck I have heard(haven't heard a nak or denon yet), and I have never had any issues with them at all.

I have looked at the website. I was wondering if there were any users out there yet. Thanks for the input. The price went down which is what concerned me as often quality slides with it. Thanks.

PEACE

Originally posted by LWW I have looked at the website. I was wondering if there were any users out there yet. Thanks for the input. The price went down which is what concerned me as often quality slides with it. Thanks.

PEACE
Prices go down every year(as they do with every manufacturer). Yes, Eclipse's prices went down a little more than expected this year, but I have used their decks for 9 years without any problems at all. I have no hesitation in buying the cd8053(one has been ordered for me). There is a guy on Sound Domain who swapped out his alpine 7894 for the eclipse mp3 deck, and he said the eclipse sounded noticeably better. Ofcourse, the decks have really only been out a few weeks so you obviously can't get any long term user reports on the 03 models.

Well i need a new deck bad and have been looking for a few months. I was almost down to a choice between th panasonic CQ-HX1083U or the clarion Proaudio DXZ835MP. Then I got the 2003 Directory and "Holycrap" eclipse had some very nice looking new decks. Now im am back to square one. Im really liking the CD8443.

Can i order this from anywhere or do i have to go to my local shop? They just always seem overpriced.

Originally posted by SPLThunder Well i need a new deck bad and have been looking for a few months. I was almost down to a choice between th panasonic CQ-HX1083U or the clarion Proaudio DXZ835MP. Then I got the 2003 Directory and "Holycrap" eclipse had some very nice looking new decks. Now im am back to square one. Im really liking the CD8443.

Can i order this from anywhere or do i have to go to my local shop? They just always seem overpriced.
Eclipse has no online dealers(authorized or otherwise). You need to go to an eclipse dealer. The 8443, along with the 8053 are supposed to be out in May. The retail prices on those are:

8443 $419

8053 $549

If you buy from an authorized dealer, and they install it, you get a 3 year warranty(I think that is the best warranty available on a head unit).

If you can't wait for them, I think the clarion 835mp looks like a pretty good deal.

Wow I can't believe how cheap those decks are now. I had a CD5441 for a while (it got stolen like a week ago... doh ... Eclipse is sending me something new for free because of the ESN security stuff ... so yay) I love eclipse and never ever would run my system off anything else. I head the highest line Alpine available at the time 7995 compared to the 5441 and the Eclipse sounds Considerably better. I was actually consider buying one of the indash DVD players with flip out screen and 8V preouts. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them and how good or bad the sound quality is on it. It is big big $$$ but eh... Everything good is that way and I can get decent money off retail. Thanks for the input, and yeah for the guy that started this trend I haven't heard anything about the new headunits, but I hope and doubt Eclipse let their quality slip too much. Later,

Rob

Originally posted by mr4pto Wow I can't believe how cheap those decks are now. I had a CD5441 for a while (it got stolen like a week ago... doh ... Eclipse is sending me something new for free because of the ESN security stuff ... so yay) I love eclipse and never ever would run my system off anything else. I head the highest line Alpine available at the time 7995 compared to the 5441 and the Eclipse sounds Considerably better. I was actually consider buying one of the indash DVD players with flip out screen and 8V preouts. I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about them and how good or bad the sound quality is on it. It is big big $$$ but eh... Everything good is that way and I can get decent money off retail. Thanks for the input, and yeah for the guy that started this trend I haven't heard anything about the new headunits, but I hope and doubt Eclipse let their quality slip too much. Later,

Rob
That ***** about your deck. I rarely hear of eclipses getting stolen. As for the dvd/screen combos, the pre outs are 8 volts, and I think the sound quality should be the same as their decks(which would be excellent).

yeah it was programmed. I said the same thing you did about the type of person that would be stupid enough to steal and eclipse. The job looked so professional, but I would figure if it was a professional and they saw the blinking red light they wouldnt waste their time ripping up my dash for my headunit. Oh well sigh... this is a mini nightmare for me and probably marks the end of my car audio days for a while. Very depressing but unavoidable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.