2003 BMW 330i sedan... port through ski pass or through rear deck openings?

500rwhp
10+ year member

I am going to be running an HDC310 or an HDC312.. Powered by an AQ2200...

I listen to all kinds of music... I know that anything with heavy basslines will pound hard enough for my liking... I do want to move as much air as possible (ie hairtricks) but most importantly I want every day run of the mill music to play well... Rock music etc...

I know its going to be tough to find that happy medium, have been told 36-38... Wondering which of those would be best..

I have my mind set on running a kerf port through the ski pass- if I go through the rear deck speaker openings I will probably go with aero ports or PVC pipe running up to them..

More input the better!

Thanks guys! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/toast.gif.bc0657bf54b9ee653b6438524461341e.gif

i have an e46 sedan i find that just having the ski pass open and subs facing the rear works great
Cool... Do you think youd get more air movement if you ported into the cabin? Any vids of your set up by chance?

I have a 12w6v2 facing backwards in a sealed box powered by a JL 500/1v2... Doesn't hardly hit.. Wouldnt even know its there with alot of music...

I'm getting ready to do an install on my GF's Mercedes C300, and have similar issues. Unfortunately, she doesn't even have a ski pass! It's all metal behind the back seat. I'd do subs facing the rear if I were you, but I'm no expert. In the C300 I plan to drill a lot of 2.5" holes in the metal. There's a guy on here who did that and said it made a huge difference. Not sure if your BMW is the same. Mercedes is effin retarded....fold down seats are an option, not standard....retarded.

vent through your rear deck, cover the aeroports with speaker cloth, face subs to the back. You can hold down the seats if you want, but since you port thru the deck, if you ever need your seats up, it will still be loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.