2002 Honda Accord build log

Participant count
  • Participant list

LaKirk

Replaced my two year old Pioneer Premier HU after the volume became shotty. Installed Alpine 138BT. Added Alpine MRP-F300 4 channel amp to existing 6.5 JL Audio door speakers and Memphis Audio 6x9s. Added an Infinity BassLink 10" powered sub.

Very happy with all of the equipment. The Memphis Audio 6x9s are the most surprising. The BassLink is also very surprising.

I have a few pics but none from the install. I have to rewire the amp power wire and run a new remote wire. I'm not happy at all with the cheap one that was attached to the RCA. (Honestly, I'm not sure that was supposed to be used to turn on the amp.)

Two trouble areas for me were the doors. I ran new wires to the door speakers from the amps and had a hard time getting the wire through the rubber gromets. The next trouble area is routing the wires into the trunk form the back seat.

Next project

#1 . replace the batter connector, reroute the power wire, route wires better into trunk.

#2 . Add tweeters to A pillar

#3 . Maybe add component speakers to kick panels.

your thoughts welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
I completed a few tasks today. Mainly, I rerouted my power wire, relocated all speaker wires to left side, all power to the right. Routed wires behind the molding in the backseat and into the trunk. Looks nice. and all is hidden. Ran new remote wire. Took pics of a few trouble spots that I over came to share with everyone.

Problem #1 . Prior to today's re-routing of wires, my amp did not switch into protect mode. Now, I'm switching into protect mode at low volumes. I adjusted the gain to mid-way. This improved it some, but I can't push the volume like before.

Faded speakers to the front. Amp switches to protect a little over halfway. Reaches 100% when switched to rear.

I had an issue rerouting the passenger speaker wire. I will rewire that speaker and see if this clears the protect mode issue.

Fixed my protect mode problem. The passenger side speaker was turned just so that the speaker toched the door's frame. A half inch twist counter clockwise fixed this. Sound back to normal. I have a few pics to post as soon as I transfer them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.