2002 Explorer

****. real clean install man. good job.how are those jbls by the way?!

ive been wanting to hear some good opinions about them for YEARS now!

i always wanted the, but ended up with some jls. then i was finally going to get the wgti's but i couldnt find ANYTHING online about how good they are. so i ended up with a re mx. really debated between the wgti and the mx though. get some good videos up if you can when its all up and going.

good job
The JBL's are great. I was worried about them, as well. I ordered them, on someone else's positive comment's. So. I was worried when they didn't sound good, at first. They finally sound great, after I got the crossover settings right. They do like big power, though... At least, in a sealed alignment. I think they only need 700 W, or so, in a ported enclosure.

Last edited by a moderator:
man, I was diggin the build til I got to the sub box. It just looks so un-finished when you show off all the other work you did. Id have made a box that looked a bit less like a ...well... box just sitting there. Other than thet, loks sweet, and nice work. I can only imagine how long the drilling of the holes took!

man, I was diggin the build til I got to the sub box. It just looks so un-finished when you show off all the other work you did. Id have made a box that looked a bit less like a ...well... box just sitting there. Other than thet, loks sweet, and nice work. I can only imagine how long the drilling of the holes took!
Well, part of the problem is that JBL recommends 1cft/ driver for sealed. They are 10 1/2" deep, so not much you can do in playing with the dimensions of the box. I didn't go ported, because the 2.25 cft/driver would take up most of the back. I use my vehicle for things other than stereo. I need the smallest possible box.

As for the speaker holes; it did take some time, but not that bad. I am planning to get some perforated steel, to form new grills, and try to angle mount the speakers. Trying to get them a bit closer to "on-axis".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.