2000 tahoe.... reverse harness issues?? head unit issue? any comment helps......

Participant count
  • Participant list

turbostar

I have a 2000 tahoe with onstar ..no bose ....I put an after market flup out dvd / cd player in and I was told by one audio shop that I would need a pac controller harness.85$ ..and the other said I on ly need a regular. Reverse radio harness..8$ ...so I tried the cheaper ....the unit works exactly ad it should except for no sound ....I let it go overnight and started it up and the sound worked fine ..I shut it off turned it back on and no sound again....I tried wiggling all the wires and nothing ..no shorts on my behalf ...I triple checked all my connections and used crimped wire connections ...I called my cd player tech support ..and he assured me that it wasn't the unit ..given the symptoms...he said its in the connections or the vehicle ....or that maybe its overloading the vehicle sound system and I may need some tyoe of controller box for it to work with my system properly .........

I did c a factory amp behind the glovebox that the speakers run run off of I believe .....also my reverse harness package said that the blue wire with the white stripe is for amp turn on...but there wasn't one on the reverse harness .....only a blue power ant wire..which is hooked up of course........hoping someone with a 00- 02 tahoe can help ...

Do I need the pac.0s1 controller harness ? Is there some type of problem in my vehicle ..like a short or something? Should I take it all aprt and do it again ..... just don't want to spend the 85 bucks if it isn't the problem .......

Please help ..and end my suffering ..thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.