2000 Dodge Neon single or double din?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RetroAudioinc
5,000+ posts

Custom Car Audio Decals
Looking at getting a 2000 Dodge Neon but want to know if this is single or double din I have a

Should look like this, going to see the car tomorrow

Chrysler_Neon_Dash.jpg

Need to fit a AVIC-Z3 in there will it work?

AVIC-Z3_main_lrg.jpg

Also anyone got one of these with a system if so what were you able to fit in there. I searched in build logs but nothing great there..

Naw, its a Din and a half. The standard size GM and Dodge been using for years. My friend has a recent model Dodge Durango, and his HU looks like that, but its not a DD.

Only way that Pioneer is going in there is a lot of custom work, and thats assuming their is enough room to fit it. May want to consider something else, a flip out possible like the Pioneer N series.

Well crap, I thought it might be den and 1/2 that *****.. Grrr.

I love my Pioneer I really don't want to switch but the car is a good deal, sad thing is the AVIC-Z3 cost as much as the car.. lol

Well crap, I thought it might be den and 1/2 that *****.. Grrr.
I love my Pioneer I really don't want to switch but the car is a good deal, sad thing is the AVIC-Z3 cost as much as the car.. lol

lol that is sad. Yea, its a similar issue with my 2004 CV, its got a big enough opening for a DD with the plastic mounting tabs removed, but theres a AC vent that causing me some issues. Im prob going to have to play around with it for a bit. I know the opening is big enough, I borrowed my cousin's DD out of his truck and it slid in fine.

it's pretty easy to make it into a dd opening. there is plenty of room behind the bezel after you do a bit of cutting. the hardest part would be adapting the new bezel for a dd screen opening but it can be done. while this isn't mine here are some shots of one.

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0110.jpg

dbldinsrt4.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.