2000 chevy impala, 3.4 liter...

Natheo
10+ year member

OH YEAH!!
Michigan
what can i do with this car to make it faster? any recomendations for for exhaust pipes, cold air intakes, throttle bodys, spacers, chips, upper and lower intakes, heads, what? i need some help...

Apperance wise, im looking at these amber lights for it that will go in the holes in the lower front bumper. 35 watts, halogen. will this be pretty strong lighting? Also, im looking at swapping out my yellow headlights for some white ones. what would you guys think of the white and amber together in the front? and since the amber lights are ran off of a separate switch, could i wire up some underbody neon lights on that switch as well?

my brother had a 01 and when we looked before he traded it in it was kinda hard to find anything, i think this is because they only come in 6cyl ls' and they dont have a ss anymore. . . anyway if you want to have the biggest difference id say get a new exaust setup (im pretty sure when we took his car down they were saying that you cant have true duals but if you do decide to do this there is a way to set it up they just wouldnt want to do the extra work.) with the intakes and spacers, and heads if you can also offord and then get the chip cause if yours is like his his top speed was 105 if i remember correctly they also make blowers if you just want to spend a lot once and get good results. . . n/a motors are always more impressive tho

trade it in and get a 94-96 impala ss, thats the only way.......the new ones **** badly but the 91-96 caprices, or 94-96 impala's have about a million mods that can be done to them beleive me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

u can always get a super charger or a turbo with intercooler, or maybe even NOS altho not fond of NOS cuz it aint good for ur engine.

some stuff u can do could be a cold air intake (injen or aem), exhaust, headers, change ur pullies for lighter ones. unless ur gonna race, msot expensive stuff would be kinda worthelss imo

POST PICS IF YOU DO MOD IT

I own an 99 Acura 3.5 RL and I looked at mostly Import Luxury cars when I bought it. For some reason, one of the only American cars I really liked enough to research was the Impala. (this was before the Lincoln LS was nice) The interior is horrible bland, but I really like the exterior styling. I was even considering (for about 30 seconds) buying an Impala loaded, and then throwing INSANELY NICE wheels and tires on it and then spending alot more than I normally would have on an amazing audio & video system - since this car costed so much less than other import luxury cars.

Well anyway - as you can see - I did not buy it, but still whenever I see them I have to appreciate the styling. Sorry I really cannot help you in what you can MOD on the car but I would stay stick with that car instead of copping out and supercharging a Civic. Do something original, that car is nice.

its the same engine cause only one part of gm makes engines. maybe ill look into that. i just wanted to do an air intake, bigger throttle body for better response, and prolly a nice exaust for good looks and a nice sound and performance i guess.

Originally posted by Natheo its the same engine cause only one part of gm makes engines. maybe ill look into that. i just wanted to do an air intake, bigger throttle body for better response, and prolly a nice exaust for good looks and a nice sound and performance i guess.
Sounds good to me:)

- Steve

ok quick question, since my car already has a cold air box, should i just get a k&n filter for it? or should i find a cone filter kit? if so with the cone, can someone point me in the right direction?

another, should i get the flowmaster 40 or 60?

A cold air box? I'd get a K&N cone if a 7" will fit if not a 5" should definitely fit. If you want loud get the 40 series I think the 60 is pretty tame compared to the 40.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.