2 US Amps MD23 too much for 2 type R's?

2 md22's or 2md23's

• Total voters
Not if you do not max out the gains on the amps and try to drive the subs into the ground. You have more than enough power though and would be fine to have some in reserve allowing the amps to run less hot and more efficiently. I would run the 960x1@4 on each sub.

its ALWAYS (i guess?) better to have excess power on tap if you know what you are doing. amp will work less, run cooler, and more efficiently.

i vote 2 23's

i just hope US is still as good as it use to be, i ran them a long long time ago and they were the cleanest amps i had at the time......looks like the 23's are gonna win

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

How I would approach it is install your new amplifier and start using it. Install a voltage gauge and if you see your voltage lowering then add...
Additinally, no need to reference "max" anything as those specs are useless. Most of know how to look at specs for a given speaker, amp, HU, etc...
Hello all. Used to come on these forum quite a bit. I used to compete in IASCA MECA etc. and placed 1st 2x with this setup. Anyway this is my baby...
You don't need two amps. The speakers come with crossovers to help protect the tweeters.
Perhaps you changed something without mentioning it here? Maybe a loose turn on line? I dunno man...but we'll take it. Hopefully it keeps working. 👍

About this thread

guy022077

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
guy022077
tallahassee fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date