2 tone carpet

Participant count
  • Participant list

KilluminatiDre
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Japan
Ok so I want to have the carpet on the face of my box where the subs mount a different color than the rest of the box. What would you guys suggest as the best way to carpet this with least visible amount of seams? Especially when going from the first color to the second.

Make another front baffle piece that can fit around the sub's when mounted, carpet or vinyl that piece the different color. Then carpet the box and make sure to carpet the front baffle too. Then you'll have no visible seams on the front and you can mount the custom colored piece right over top of it. You can use magnets to hold it on or screws

Is there any way I can do this and still use glue for the double baffle? Or are screws or magnets the only options?
Best would be to do just a trim piece for cosmetic only IMO. You could probably even use just 1/4" stock. If you want/need double baffle do that on the box and keep your different-color trim piece separate. You'll want to wrap the carpet around the back of the cosmetic piece and overlap an inch or so around the back side to look nice so gluing that to the rest of the box is sort of out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.