2 Sundown Audio E12's VS 3 Kicker CVR 12's

Participant count
  • Participant list

dommydoo

mi
Time to upgrade. Which would be a better buy?

2 Sundown Audio E12's (400 rms a sub)

3 Kicker CVR 12s (400 rms a sub)

I will be powering these with a 1200 watt rms pioneer amp.

I know that SA is a really solid brand, but will 3 cheaper subs be louder and lower than 2 nicer ones? They will be in a sealed box because i have no room for ported.

What's your goal? The CVR's will get louder just because of cone area but the E's will sound better. Why not get 3 E's? 99 bucks a piece right now for B stock. http://www.carstereogiant.com/product-p/e12-d2-ob.htm And I'd run 2 ported over 3 sealed. With a good ported box you'll get louder with 2 12's than 3 sealed. Especially with both of these subs. They both belong in ported boxes. Especially the Kickers. Sealed box and CVR's don't go together at all. Another suggestion would be running 3 10's ported. If you've got around 4-4.5 cubes for 3 sealed 12's you've got room for 3 ported 10's ya dig?

I definitely want SPL, but I also want to hit some low notes (shocking right)? I would really love to build a nice ported box and tune it low, but it seems really expensive and I'm on a budget. I also already have a crappy prefab sealed box and a prefab ported box if that makes a difference lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.