2 Solo X 12's vs 2 Kicker L5 15's?

I think what you mean is he has 1,000 watts to each sub not 1,000 amps, and also you will not find any love for kickers on this forum! LOL everyone talks them down bigtime and claims every other sub is better then a kicker L7...
How exactly is this post relevant? He was talking about running L5s or Xs neither of which are the sub you just spoke of. Doesn't matter how many sheeple talk down on Kicker, the Solo X is still a beast of a sub. The other parts of their line is fairly low on the totem pole when compared to other brands in similar price range.

How exactly is this post relevant? He was talking about running L5s or Xs neither of which are the sub you just spoke of. Doesn't matter how many sheeple talk down on Kicker, the Solo X is still a beast of a sub. The other parts of their line is fairly low on the totem pole when compared to other brands in similar price range.
uummm i makes perfect sense, dude said hes running 1,000 amps to each sub, so i corrected him saying he was problem talking about 1,000 watts, and people talk kicker (in general) down all over this forum, do they not?.....i feel like i am explaining this to a 2 year old.....my comment made perfectly good sense and is completely relevant to his post!

and i didnt say 1 negative thing about kicker, i personally like them i have kicker subs myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/read.gif.ff512c499c00ed3faae9a20f4b088b29.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

and i didnt say 1 negative thing about kicker, i personally like them i have kicker subs myself //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/read.gif.ff512c499c00ed3faae9a20f4b088b29.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif
I was really pointing that statement at the rest of the board (those that do knock Kicker without reason), not at yourself as I know you didn't personally attack the sub. Since you have no sig stating what you run, there would be no way for me to determine you run Kicker equipment.

The SoloX's would murderize those lame L5's if used and powered properly. They need like 4-5 flippin cubes apice though, I think. Not exactly underseat freindly.
Underseat boxes suck balls anyway. Are you oposed to doing a center console box?
I'd do a center console box if you could give me some details on it.

Still won't be enough room.
1 X would more than likely out perform both of the L5s if given a proper box. 2 Would murder them without a doubt. You will not be able to fit either one of those setups under the seat however. Take it from someone running Solo Xs in an extended cab truck, lose the back seat and wreak havoc on the truck. Get 3000-3500 watts and upgrade your electrical (search function is your friend). Try to get from 5-5.5 cubes per X after displacement (taking out for port and about .3cu per sub). Port roughly 18 sq. in. per cube for the X. Your friend will be jealous.

Oh, and OP; if you are in the market for 2 Solo X 12s I happen to have a pair for sale. Solo X 12s D4
how much for both the solo x's?

how much for both the solo x's?
I've got some local interest in them, but if they don't come through soon I'd take $700 shipped for the pair. The spairs are not even broke in yet, I've been trying to do that for the new owners, I just don't get to drive my truck much.

BTW Tanner, I wasn't telling you the Xs would beat the L7s just to get my stuff sold either. I just so happen to have ran both setups in multiple configurations. The Xs are classed with some of the higher end subs people talk about on here. The L7s are a decent mid range driver. There is no comparison between the two, coming from someone who personally has quite a bit of experience with the both of them.

I've owned the Kicker comp (two different versions), the L5, L7 and Solo-X. The square subs don't sound the best but holy hell can they pound out the bass. Anyone who says Kicker can't get loud or "it's too expensive" either have never used one or are too cheap to try anything else.

I've owned the Kicker comp (two different versions), the L5, L7 and Solo-X. The square subs don't sound the best but holy hell can they pound out the bass. Anyone who says Kicker can't get loud or "it's too expensive" either have never used one or are too cheap to try anything else.
Agreed. I have definitely heard better sounding subs, but with a proper box and clean signal; they can still sound decent. They shine in output, however, especially in daily setups.

Kicker is the best out there. you just have to know how to install them. People who dislikes kicker is either too poor cause it requires a lot of money for a proper kicker setup or they just dont know how to install kicker systems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Kicker is the best out there. you just have to know how to install them. People who dislikes kicker is either too poor cause it requires a lot of money for a proper kicker setup or they just dont know how to install kicker systems //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
What the **** you say? Kicker is cheap as hell compaired to most of the stuff people run that talk down on them

To OP: The Solo Xs would walk all over the L5s if both are given a proper box. There is no debate, no question here.

neither of those subs are that good. but you can raise the back seat a bit ,not hard to do, and install any subs you want
GTFO, the Xs are a great sub.

What the **** you say? Kicker is cheap as hell compaired to most of the stuff people run that talk down on them
He's new guys, not a troll. I would agree that most of the crappy Kicker setups were just not properly installed. Everyone on here that wants to knock on a brand of sub knows it's the vast majority the enclosure and power, not the sub itself. Why will you people back other trash brands and tout that it is the box but when it's a Kicker thread, all of a sudden it's the brands fault?

There are definitely better options out there, but Kicker products are good and can get very loud while sounding good. Proper install is the missing link to this formula.

Far from the best. Noob

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.