2 sa 12's 4th order port

Participant count
  • Participant list

ryanrj828

michigan
Building a 4th order for a friend for 2 sa 12's. 2:1 ratio, 1 cubic foot sealed per sub, & 2 per sub ported. Will two 6in aeroports be enough port area to avoid port noise? That's 14 inches per cube, if not then what should I aim for? Also do account for the 2 cubes for the sealed section when determining port area? Or just the 4 cubes of the ported area

when i was designing a box for sa 12s everyone i talked to said one 6 inch aero is enough. 6 -10 inches of port area per foot is all thats usually needed with aeros. according to the people ive talked to and who have done it. i used a 8 inch flaired port for my 15 which is around10 inches of port area and i know i could have used less. id try it with 1 6 inch in a spot on box where if needed you can add another.

Ok, from what im seeing other people do with there 4th order bandpass enclosures that utilize aeroports there is usually a much high port area. 6-10 seems right for a ported enclosure, but im not sure about a bandpass. Not wanting to go against your advice, i just don't want to cut the flared ports to small seeing that they cost around $35 a piece lol. a couple people that have done enclosures similair to the one im designing have used two 6 inch aeroport's which would be 14in. port area per cube

Ok, from what im seeing other people do with there 4th order bandpass enclosures that utilize aeroports there is usually a much high port area. 6-10 seems right for a ported enclosure,its but im not sure about a bandpass. Not wanting to go against your advice, i just don't want to cut the flared ports to small seeing that they cost around $35 a piece lol. a couple people that have done enclosures similair to the one im designing have used two 6 inch aeroport's which would be 14in. port area per cube
yea im not sure about a bandpass never built one. hopefully doing first I'm a week or so. go with what feels comfortable. i do know you dont need as much port area with flared ports. just from experience. read some pages off this website. the guy did a bunch of testing, awesome info. Heat Moulded Port Flares

I utilized a reducable port on my last 4th. Almost same as ur plan but I used 2 xfl12s, 2.2cubes sealed with 4.8 ported and I used 96in of port for 40hz tune for spl and reduced to 78in for 36hz daily. I dont know how u would do that with aeros tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.