2 RE seX 4.5cubes @ 33hz

Participant count
  • Participant list
Well, lets get the obvious out of the way:

1. Predrill all your screw holes, and if you already are, then either use a slightly wider drill bit, or predrill deeper. Maybe both. You should be using at a minimum a 7/64 drill bit, 1/8 being ideal.

2. I find, and this might just be me, but I always find that enclosure building goes much faster with just one person especially if it's the designer. Reason being, you don't have two people who each have their own ways of doing things and they sometimes don't exactly match up with what someone else is doing.

3. Nice work, let us know how it sounds //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Oh, and a tip: those dowels aren't really going to do much of anything. For wooden braces, it's about surface area. You need a much larger diameter dowel to have a serious effect on box vibration. If you're worried about actual flexing, threaded rod is your answer. If you've got the space, always use a shelf brace.

Thanks for the bracing comment, did not know that. I did pre drill all of the holes, however the one split you see is where I got a little close to the edge.

Oh well, That's what the kid gets for paying me a 30 pack for it. kind of a favor for msking a 700 dollar sale.

btw I am a RE/Hifonics/Autotek/US amps dealer I get some pretty decent deals.

lay the caulk down!!!ANY AMOUNT OF CAULK IS TOO MUCH ****ING CAULK!!!

NOT TO MENTION YOU REALLY WENT TO TOWN WITH THAT CAULK
Not really. There is no problem with sealing the inside edges with sealant. It isn't necessary if the box is built properly, which that is, but it doesn't hurt.

yeah, there wasnt any gaps, just sealed it by request of the customer. It did go on heavy though haha the cut on the tube was a little big.

Anyways it sounds great, probably low low 140's at 40-45 or so hz. Got a few vids, the trunk flips some cd's. Overall I'm happy with the way it turned out, and I am very happy with that amplifier. I'm sure it puts out all of the 1500 it's rated for.

Ill see if i can get those vids up here today

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

NhustlaR

10+ year member
Below me
NhustlaR
Brockport, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date