(2) Pickup Truck Subwoofer Enclosures

Participant count
  • Participant list
Custom made for 14/15 Pickup Trucks, but can be put anywhere they will fit

2 8" subs can be put into each enclosure

.65 cu ft per side

Tuned to 35 Hz

$150 each with free shipping to the lower 48

More Pictures including how they were made here: (LINK) --> Custom Subwoofer Boxes - Album on Imgur

Even More pictures on the inner construction and all the bracing: (LINK) --> DC boxes part 2 - Album on Imgur

Backstory of the boxes:

I had these boxes made by a friend of mylows10 in CA. Had them shipped to NY for my cousin and his friend for their 16 Silverados. Made to house 2 8" DC subs each. Now these boxes are brand new, berely used. Fitting of the boxes depends on your truck, but fitting in 16 Silverado is shown on the Imgur album.

The boxes have been tested to hold a DC audio 8" sub on each side. Forward facing means more quality and more excursion from the subs. Hearing them in a 16 Silverado with just enough power to push their rms makes the mirrors and roof shake. The boxes have done amazingly well for the short time they were used. I had them built for $300 per box with free shipping to me, so I am already taking a hard hit on the price. I don't want them in my cousins apartment anymore, so I'm doing my best to try and sell them.

I had a sister box I had built (along with the other two I'm selling) that is slightly different. I had it made a bit different for a friend's Silverado to fit a bit better under the seats. A video of that is here: (LINK) -->

For these boxes, they do fit under the rear seats (as seen in the Imgur photo), but they will fit better if the rear seats are raised a little.

For anyone who is wondering about the construction quality, let me say that my cousin who is 270 lbs has stood on the middle of the box and it supported him with ease. These boxes were built to withstand some abuse. If anyone wants more pictures besides what I have already posted, let me know and I shall do my best.

If the boxes do not fit as nicely due to different rear seats or the space limitations underneath the rear seats, the best remedy would be to raise the rear seats 1/4" to 3/4" from personal experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.