2 JL 12w6v2 or 1 12w7

Sorry for making too many topics but, I like to hear experts opinion before I make a decision on my system.
its ok, but let me warn you there are very very few experts on here,

I know I am not one and I have been in car audio for 12 years or so

It's ok but someone told me that 2 12w6v2 will sound better with the same amp. I also have my w7 in a sealed box and I dont feel like i'm getting enough bass. should I try a ported box or just go ahead and sell the w7 and get a pair of w6v2's?

p.s.

And in response to denim, if you're not an expert then I am far from an expert cause you sound like you know your stuff.

putting that W7 in a sealed box is like putting a bull in a closet, port it and let it be free, you will be much happier

plus is your sealed box a custom or jl one???

if you got the wrong specs on the box you mine as well put anything in there

A single W7 will be louder (given the RIGHT box...even sealed) than a pair of W6s.

You're going to miss the lower end extension of the W7 if you "downgrade" to the W6s.

I'd consider getting the right box made -- that's the likely source of your dissatisfaction.

I got to hear a 10w7 over the weekend on a 500/1. Ina ported box, the guy didn't know what freq or the size. But **** was it loud, puts alot of 12s and 15s to shame.

i personal dont like any of the JL's.. i think they are mainly made for sq... im not going to lie to you they are top line subs but i perfer kicker all the way...

when i first heard kickers in action at a shop i was just shocked on how hard they hit on bass.. but even the guy at the shop told me to stick with jls.. but i just didnt care i got myself a l7 x2

for your question... 12w6v2

I have the w7 in a subzone sealed box. This guy that does custom work is gonna make a ported enclosure for me and he thinks I should keep the w7 because once I hear it with a port, the difference will be insane.

ported w7's can get really F'n loud and still sound good, i say stick with the w7. and although they can probably take more power than that 1000/1 (depends on the box i guess), it will still sound really nice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.