2 inch titanium mids

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scarenius
10+ year member

Call me Ravo
Michigan
In a nutshell: Excellent mids than can be mounted in a 12 ounce pop can.

PRICE: I paid $22 for these from desertheat. For a set of mids, this is an excellent price. Pyramid costs more. 5/5

SOUND: Very nice. I have them attached to my rockbox playing off my XBox and MP3 player. They are very good speakers until you clip them. The moment that happens, they are sure to tell you they're clipping. They are capable of being mounted in a sealed enclosure, or infinite baffle. I actually used a 12 ounce Mountain Dew can as an enclosure. The results are pleasing. They really DO play down to 125 hz. I had them crossed over at 150, and there was a LOT of sound coming out them. They get surprisingly LOUD. I got more than I expected out of a 2 inch mid. 5/5

POWER HANDLING: They hate clipping, but I don't know what their RMS / Max power handling is. They seem fine at around 25-30 watts / channel, so attaching them to a HU should be no problem. Again, they HATE to be clipped, so if you get these, set them up right. 4/5

APPEARANCE / SETUP: Titanium. It's dull and gray, but it means coolness in the car audio word. The surround is thin, very flexible, but not enough that you'd worry about it tearing. Just don't poke at them all day with a stick. Soldering wires onto the speakers was annoying, but necessary. I want to complain about the mounting tabs on the side, but I don't know how to improve them. All in all very solid for it's size. 4/5

OVERALL: Mids you can mount almost anywhere with a tweeter to make a complete 125 - 20000 frequency response. Just make sure the power is clean and you're all set. 4.5/5

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Scarenius

10+ year member
Call me Ravo
Scarenius
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies