2 IDMAX 12's | 2 IDQ 12's | 2 Alpine Type-R's

Blunt Ashez

What's up everyone. First off, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm new to CarAudio forums, but I would appreciate it if I had some questions answered. I never owned subwoofers myself, but I have fell in love with them over the years. I was wondering which of these three subwoofers would produce the loudest sound? I enjoy air distortion aswell (seats vibrating).. My terminology isn't on point lol. I know there is stuff like Alpine Type X's which are pretty loud, but don't have that good of a sound quality. I'm comparing Alpine Type-R's in here because I have heard them before and it was a REALLY loud system. I was wondering if I should get 2 IDMAX 12's, 2 IDQ 12's, or 2 Alpine Type-R's. I want a tremendously loud system, almost one that clogs your ears, but I also would like to have some good sound quality with it. Thanks for taking the time for reading my post, all help is appreciated.

EDIT: By the way, I only really listen to hip-hop if that gives you a better idea of what type of sound I'm trying to get.

My vote is the ID max 12's I bought a pair but they havent been installed.

Either of the ID's will get fairly loud (not crazy loud) and will give you good clean output.

Nothing wrong with the alpines but the ID's will beat them on SQ.

Sonic I'm not sure if I would want to push a 3,500 RMS system. 2,000 RMS max.
You dont need to give it max rms, what you have is more than enough.

You can always make it a one sub solution, a 15 if it can fit.

Out the ones listed I would suggest the MAX for your needs. I'm looking for something similar as well and have narrowed it down to IDMAX, FiQ, and TC Sounds LMS-R. I owned the IDQs, they didn't have enough output for me but LOVED the quality of the sound.

What if I get 2 on 750rms each? How abot 2 IDMAX's on 1,000rms each?
750 a piece on the Max's would be good and leaves you room to upgrade the amp later on if you want. I think with the output you're wanting with the SQ it's a good fit.

my idq is v2 not the v3. mine is on only rated for 300rms. I did power it with 600 but I didn't beat on often. It was very musical it works great for rock. You can hear the notes of the bass guitar and it can keep up with the fastest kick drums.

I think the ID Max is going to be more of what your looking for in with the SPL as far as Image Dymanics products.

You might also look at some Incriminator Death Rows. They are supposed to be a good SQL sub. I haven't heard one personally but the reviews sound promising. I don't know if it is as SQ oriented as the Max maybe somebody will enlighten us.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I do enjoy SQ, but I would REALLY love to have some major output aswell. Would 2 IDMAX's give out more output than 2 Alpine Type-R's? If I get them, I'll most likely wire them to 1,000 rms each (the IDMAX's).

Thanks for all the replies guys. I do enjoy SQ, but I would REALLY love to have some major output aswell. Would 2 IDMAX's give out more output than 2 Alpine Type-R's? If I get them, I'll most likely wire them to 1,000 rms each (the IDMAX's).
It's the amplifier you get that's going to determine the overall output of the subs. And at 2000 watts you're going to have do some electrical upgrades. Depending on what size alternator you have at the very least you'd have to do the Big 3 and get an extra battery or two. If this is your first system that might be a little much....

no one asked the important questions so i guess i will. what type of power and from what amp do you plan on powering the subs? how much room do you have for your box? what's the rest of the system consist of?

I've had a Type R 12, and am currently running two IDQV2 12's at the moment (both systems were sealed).

The Type R was in a 93 Sable, and it was running on around 700 watts and was extremely loud. It would shake my rearview completely off, and would set off car alarms lol. I believe I had it in a 1.25 MTX Bass Slammer enclosure. The only problem with it was it seemed to...boomy?....for my tastes.

I switched over to a few systems in between, before landing on the IDQ's. I love these things, but they don't get as loud as I'd like. I like to be able to hear my system outside of my car when I'm working on the yard or whatever (I live in the boonies, so it's not like I'm annoying anyone.), and they sound great in my car (05 Impala), but they don't get as loud as I'd like outside of the car.

From a purely SPL standpoint, a few Type R's won't sound half bad. But in all honesty, for the money, you could buy better stuff that isn't in a big box store. (FI comes to mind, or the SX series from RE). I have a Kicker L7 12 that is louder than the Type R (with less watts ran to it, from a Kicker SX6501), but it can't hit low notes that well and it ***** from a sound quality standpoint. From a SQ system standpoint, if you blend the subs in properly, you can't go wrong with the IDQ's. I have two running on around 325 rms per sub, and they sound amazing.

I'm kind of in the same boat you are though, and looking at getting a LOUD system in the next year or so, and running it on a 1600 watt amp. Good luck with your buying decision man!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.