2 18" DC LVL 5's in GMC JIMMY box design HELP!!!

jdubbau
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I need a box design put together as I have been waiting over 1 month for PWK or Pete Kulwiki to send back an email reply on the mistake that was made on my last design I waited another month for.

So here is what I am looking for design with cutsheet, Not just a quick thrown together design as I want to maximize this enclosure the best way I can. I have even thought about doing an interchangable port as it would be nice to be able to tune low for daily and exhcange the port for comps??

Some one out there up to this? I know there is a few of you out there that do designs but and I am able to pay $20 for the design but need it like yesterday.

2000 GMC Jimmy (my vehicle)

Max Dimensions 39"Wide, 17.0" Tall, 32" Deep with port firing back can be 36" if port fires diffrently.

Special instructions 18" tall is my max TALL dimensions which would included the subs if monthed on the top so if recessed or antother mouting locatikon is found please let me know.

Please let me know guys and gals,

jdubbau.gross@gmail.com

I dont think you have the room unless you go to 36 deep.

39"Wide, 17.0" Tall, 32" Deep

Internal 36w x 14tall x 29 deep = 8.45 before port/sub displacement - about 3.5 cubes each

Single layer with bracing 36 deep would only bring 11ft before port and sub displacement so 5 ft per sub, but that would be one flimsy box.

I dont think you have the room unless you go to 36 deep.

39"Wide, 17.0" Tall, 32" Deep

Internal 36w x 14tall x 29 deep = 8.45 before port/sub displacement - about 3.5 cubes each

Single layer with bracing 36 deep would only bring 11ft before port and sub displacement so 5 ft per sub, but that would be one flimsy box.

why all dbl walled ?? why not just dbl baffle and brace/resin the other walls??

will gain mucho air space

but do need to go su/pu and take all 36 in though

I have to keep it under the back seat line other wise I will move up two classes in Meca competitions. I realize this is UNDER the recommended specs for DC LVL 5 18's but Rusty said he actually has build a box at 7 cubes for 2 and thought it would have really degraded the sound level and sound quality but SQ was still right on with a 16 cube box and .5db was lost on SPL. So I realize this is going to be tough.

HOWEVER I can get my hands on 1 inch MDF or 1 1/8 inch MDF to strengthen the walls, bracing, front baffle and all.

So let me know as it looks like you are asking all the questions I need answers to.

HERE is a freebie dual 12 design guys that was made by PWK for my Ford Taurus about 2 years ago.

If someone can design what I am needing with close to this kind of info for me on dimensions and a little thought behind the design as far as it will will perform let me know.

if amart don't get it done right lmki'll fix you up

Something like this provided as blueprint or minimum to show the dimensions of the out and inside if possible so it will take some work.

Design from a CARAUDIO.com DOG

KerfportUPSUBSUP.jpg

NIGHTSHADE15S3-1.jpg

PWK DESIGN OLD 2 12's this design may be the way to go for 2 18's and I would bet PWK is going to send me a bigger design just like this for 2 18's as it seems as he uses the same variations on boxes just different dimensions as far as what I have ordered from him.

3dboxthewayitshouldlook.png

diagnalviewmoredimensions.png

topwithdimensionsPWKdesign.png

overalldimensionsoutside.png

I guess I just kind of gave up a PWK mean dual 12" design here but it should get the point across of what I am looking for as this particular box performened very well Audible sound wise but not so well on the TL.

This should help alot of people out with dual 12 set ups so consider me a contributer now as I paid $50 for the design and $10 or so for the top one.

Power ability I have? AB 700.1 American Bass 7k plus!

Want SQL with 153 Db ability if possible and sound good doing it. ( tough to do I know)

Trucks Resonant FREQ was 51hz last I checked

Yes it was 51hz the last TL run I had with 2 15 inch sundowns at 150.4 db with way less power though and box tuned to 40-42hz I beleive.

and tunung preference? slot/aero?

SLOT Tuned to around the 40Hz mark (removable port to do more of a audible loud and low for daily and a 153db comp thumper would be great BUT I KNOW THAT IS ASKING A WHOLE LOT!!) LOL:eek:

im not promising numbers but you have an email.

and i ran an RE MT 18 in a 3.7 @ 36 HZ and it slammed all the way down into the low 30's......did a 146.5 @ 46 hz off 1500 watts......so we will see.

-Robin

Did you ever try calling Pete? His internet out there in Tombstone is garbage to say the least.....
You ever tried calling pete? All I get is a this number is disconnected or has been changed. So I guess I need his UPDATED phone number as I cannot ever get through. so if someone has it please let me know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

jdubbau

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
jdubbau
evansville In
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date