2 15's vs. 1 18, what would be best for what i want?

I personally like the sundown e series's. Good bang for you buck and you can get 2 15s under $300 or exactly at that amount shipped. Just build a good box for it to spec and upgrade that amp and your good to go. Might even want to add a battery once you start upgrading electrical. IMO

idk if i really want to take on repair of a messed up woofer.. do you or anyone else have experience with American Bass? their products are very cheap (like skar audio cheap) and i was wondering how they perform for being so cheap?

You want better subs, save a little more. I say that because you'll be wasting $$, sorta. Cheap subs won't get you slammin bass as opposed to more expensive subs. People here have AB exp....and FYI I have boughten from the ys with great results, same with a few other people on here.

You want better subs, save a little more. I say that because you'll be wasting $$, sorta. Cheap subs won't get you slammin bass as opposed to more expensive subs. People here have AB exp....and FYI I have boughten from the ys with great results, same with a few other people on here.
im really looking at the American Bass XFL1544's. could buy 2 new within my price range (more or less) and they really look like they hit in a well made/tuned box. i also wish i had the patience to wait, but i have 5 subs in the trunk and it looks really not good right now. I want some quality enough name brand woofers and a new amp.

mainly spl, i do like it to sound clean at least a little. Always dreamed about having sundown subs since i was a lot younger, so it would be preferable. i just need my stuff on the cheap lol
or skar ddx 15's or the xfl or the fu 750 15's u should look at those..b2 is at gp audio are really nice 750 rms $190 for 15's i think.. or look at bstock on car audio bargain.com they have great deals on sundown subs u can get the E's for like $128 i think sa are $199, they come with 30 day warranty and nothing wrong with them they may have small blemish or to much glue on dust cap thats it..

u can get 2 amp like mine run both at 2 ohms 930 rms 2 would be 4300 or lots of peeps are going to skar 1500 $179 be good for the E's honestly u may want more than that for 2 xfl or ddx maybe even the sa's but peeps will tell u what amp to buy when u pick subs.. look at cab 1600 amp while on car audio bargain $199

im really looking at the American Bass XFL1544's. could buy 2 new within my price range (more or less) and they really look like they hit in a well made/tuned box. i also wish i had the patience to wait, but i have 5 subs in the trunk and it looks really not good right now. I want some quality enough name brand woofers and a new amp.
XFLs have a decent track record. not the greatest but not bad woofers.. They are good budget woofers none the less.

if you save up a few bones to say 500 you can get some nice woofers.

Wait...you have 5 subs in the trunk right now?

Wait...you have 5 subs in the trunk right now?
Yes. Id have to look to say brands, but right now i have 2 4 ohm 200w 12's, 2 2ohm 300w 8's and 1 logitech hoem audio 10 that i cut off the amp from behind it, and wired the speaker wires to the amp. i was using a 40 dollar cheap *** pyramid amp (Pyramid PB715X). all subs i got for free from family. (except logitech sub, the amp broke so i repurposed it. :p)

so i guess the answer is basically, the amount of spl that 2 15's make outweighs the fact that 1 18 can produce lows better? is this still true if i would get a much better 18 than the 2 15's?
18s dont produce better lows. Its all cone area based bigger subs dont play lower its all box design.

That being said i'd say build a dual 15 box now, get a quality 15 either D1 or D4. Plug up one of the holes of the box and just run one 15 at 2 ohms until you can afford another amp and sub which will eventually get you to a 1 ohm load.

You definitely have excess space for a two 15s box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.