2 15 AQ HDC3's

D-monday
10+ year member

Detroit
I checked them out and researched the reviews and saw the youtube videos and I am very impressed. Their website doesn't have any information on the box specs though, my max dimensions are 45x 17 x 23 do you guys think I will have enough room to run 2 15 hd3c's tuned to 35hz?

Probably not. After port sub displacement you are only looking at around 7 cubes. It might do, I am not sure how they like smaller boxes. I had my 15 hdc in 4.5 cubes and it performed very well.

With my run in with 18's I never liked how they were mainly way louder on the lower notes, I had a SX 18 and I tried bigger sized boxed and even tried different tunings. I just did not like my experience with an 18, So i'm stuck debating whether i should go with 2 15's or 2 12's

y not 18s? ...i was considering 2 18s or 3 15s in my envoy.... all hdc3s of course... but are 18s over rated or something?
and i see your running 2 hdc3's, Is you box 9.2 before or after displacement?

its 9.2 cubes before displacement actually and about 7.7 after displacement...in my opinion they are pretty **** good.... i have had no problems with a lack of loudness but i wanna upgrade to either 2 18s in 13 cubes of 4 15s in 13 cubes.... and yes i know thats not enough airspace for 4 hdc3s but honestly i already have 3 of them!!!

I got off the phone with them and they recommended that with 7 & cubes after port and speaker displacement I would be better off running 2 12's, so Now I think im going to go with 2 HDC3's in a 6cb boxed tuned to 35hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

D-monday

10+ year member
D-monday
Detroit
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from