2 12's cheap Sq

wanderlust22
10+ year member

ST Paul
ya so im lookin for 2 12's for around a 100 a piece, preferebly less if i can help it. i got a xplod amp 750 rms but im gunna be gettin a new one after i get the subs. preferebly 2 ohm load cuz im not lookin to spend a ton on a real nice amp. i want them sealed cuz i listen to alota metal/rock so they gota handle the double bass

thanks for the offers. but im looking to buy new, less than 250 for both subs and box shipped.

how are the kicker cvr's? do they sound clean?

Cheap and SQ do not belong in the same sentence. If your using a driver that lacks in area's some areas you will find it more difficult to design a box to sound nice. Also a true SQ system doesnt need 2 12"s to sound nice. You could Yeild better "SQ" from a single 12" in a proper enclosure.

It seems to me you just want bass.

Also a 1ohm load would suit you better if your looking to run a monoblock. Alot of class D amps can drop down to 1ohm. The amps generally tend to be cheaper.

i have 4 sony xplod 6 1/2s and 2 xplod 6x9s that ill be running also. all my buddys systems hit loud but thats all you hear is buzzing and ratteling. i just want some clean sounding bass that you can feel in your gut. is that possible for around 250? what would be my best bet? if one good sub can do that great. also can i get a dvc 2 to run at one ohm and then a dvc 4 and run them both at the same time to what would it be 1.5? how does that work

Buzzing and ratteling will happen with any woofer... you need to SOUND DEADEN areas of your vehicle to eliminate that. No, you have to run the same woofers with the same impedance. Why do you want 1.5? Get 2 Dual 4s and run at 1, after impedance rise and box rise you will be well over 1.5 ohms.

You have a lot of learning to do. Instead 4 6.5s and 2 6x9s, get a nice set of components and amp them...

now the question is what 2 dual 4s? are the alpine type e s worth it 2 cvrs. or is there another 2 12s i could get for around 250 shipped? or should i just get one decent sub like a re se12 or idq v3 12 and run it at 2 ohms untill i can afford another one, and another amp

Pick up a single 12" and amp.

Sub: TC Audio TC7 - $125 shipped

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415022&highlight=TC7

Amp: Kicker ZX300.1 - $110

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/5508840/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046?gclid=CNCBiZzP45sCFRghDQodaR3zxw

$35 dollars over your sub budget and in the right box it should do just as good or better.

Budget wire: http://knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLM-K4

For the box, 2cu ft @ 33hz via 1 4" aero port ($14.00 + shipping from madisounds)

Any better ideas? are you serious? a home theater sub and "speaker cabinet" no thanks, do the infinity reference's knock at all ? i want some clean thump if i gotta spend a bit more, so be it, maybe around 300 for both 12's, or one re se 12? what would the audio junkies do for a starter sq system??????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.