2 12" se's vs 1 15" SX ... probably sealed, maybe not ...

97JeepTJ
10+ year member

Pimpin' Jeep ... :P
What do you guys think about comparing 2 12" SE's or 1 15" SX ... I think I would make a sealed box for the tighter sound. maybe 1 ft^3 or so for the se's (each) and 2 for the sx? or if i get the sx maybe port it at 3 cubes and tune to 32ish hz. What do you guys think??

be powered off the hifonics 1000bd for sx, 1500bd for se's. Maybe different amp choices.

be in the back of a jeep cherokee (my friends)

What will get louder? Sound better?

Right now i think the sx will be louder if ported but the SE's will take sq.

What do you guys recommend for a 60/40 spl/sq??

-Matt

i'd take the 2 se. since ur putting it in a sealed box, and i believe that the sx would more like to be ported, id go for the se combo.

i know he wanted the tight sound so i opted for the sealed box insteaqd of ported. however, if i got him the sx i would most likely port it.

Any ideas on how much ft^3 i should put the se's in in a sealed box???

I used to have a pair of 12" SE's that were getting 300w each (they were reaching their full excursion so I felt like there was no need to get more power) but anyways, now I have my eD15A.22 and it's louder than my old SE's. The SE's were sealed, each had about 1.5cu.ft., now my 15" has about 2.5cu.ft, also sealed. So from my own experiences, I say go for the SX15. It seems like this 15 can go much lower than my 12's could.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.