(2) 12" Purple MT's in a BMW Build

Jaredturp
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PA
It's Summer, and I finally have some **** time to work on the car so I dedicated yesterday to throwing the subs in. I've had these subs for a long ass time and yesterday I just said f*ck it (pun very intended) and put it all together. I built one of the subs and had David throw the other one together for me. They are D1. RE MT motor and PSI softparts.

P1010111.jpg

P5150146.jpg

The box was fvcking ugly so I threw some carpet on it... took a while and was pretty messy, but I think it came out nicely. Box is 2.3 each tuned to 34.

P6140074.jpg

P6140076.jpg

It took me, a friend, and two cousins to throw it in the back (No way in hell it would fit in the trunk)

P6140078.jpg

P6140079.jpg

Eventually, I'll put in the 100.4 and a 3 way set in the front and a decent 2 way in the back, but that may take a while.

P5140139.jpg

Also, after some significant electrical upgrades, I would like to run them with a Stetsom 5k 1 ohm version. For now, they are getting 800 apiece from a Hifonics 1610d.

I know it isn't much of a build, but give me a break, I'm just a junior.

man redesign the box and get them in the trunk or seal the trunk off....well your gas tank isnt in the way is it? anyways they look good...and finally got that peice of the cone you mailed me like 3-4 weeks ago...took forever

Yeah man, I wish I could make a box that would fit in the trunk, but it's TINY. I'll upload a pic and show you. Glad that **** cone got there. I sent it like 3 months ago haha.

I'm not home and these MT's are still stiff as hell, but I'll get a video up in a bit. Probably by the end of tomorrow. For 700ish watts apiece it does alright!

Anyone want to sell me a nice 3 way component set???? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.