2 12" Kicker L7's in a Standard Cab?

Crank
10+ year member

JUNIOR MARINE
Hey folks, I been looking at different subs for my truck, cant say that I've got my mind made up, but the ones that keep coming back to mind are the Kicker squares,(My buddy used to have one in a Plymouth Reliant wagon that would absolutely make you fall in love with the car, 1 15 in a huge ported box, shitiest car in the world with the best sytem ever) So I figured I'd go with these, They're square, the truck they're goin into is a square body, what better fit... What would y'all folks recommend for powering this? I like to keep things brand specific, does Kicker amps rock pretty good or would someone recommend something different? I'm still in the planning stages, so all input is appreciated, Thanks

Brandon

Yes, Kicker amps are solid gear without a doubt.

The problem you're going to run into is that no way are you going to find enough airspace for a pair of 12" Solobarics in a box that would fit into a standard-cab truck with any room left over for the seat to remain mounted in such a position that you'll fit in between it and the steering wheel and retain the ability to actually drive your truck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Or you could do a blowthru and get it done that way....but completely contained within a standard cab truck's cabin? I just don't see it happening...

Yes, Kicker amps are solid gear without a doubt.
The problem you're going to run into is that no way are you going to find enough airspace for a pair of 12" Solobarics in a box that would fit into a standard-cab truck with any room left over for the seat to remain mounted in such a position that you'll fit in between it and the steering wheel and retain the ability to actually drive your truck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif Or you could do a blowthru and get it done that way....but completely contained within a standard cab truck's cabin? I just don't see it happening...

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

And take it from me, who has 0 room in a 04 silverado with a 3 cube sealed box...it aint gonna happen.

I had 2 12's in sealed box w/ 0 room in a singlecab gmc. but was loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The truck in my avatar is just a rendering done for a buddy by Kutting Edge Graffix. I got one I like better in the color pattern I want on mine, Black over Grey. What's your email and I'll send ya a fullsize of the rendering done for him and photoshopped for me

The Kicker website says the min recommented sealed is .88 cu. ft. and max is 2.0 cu. ft. I think i could go somewhere in the middle and have room still whaddya think?

Brandon

if you want small sealed, and great output, do the CVX 10's or 12's....moving down to the L7 10 is an option, just do a big box, CVX 's like smaller sealed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.