2 10" subs, wires, and an amp for $340?

I'm able to get a Kenwood KAC 9105D amp and wires for $200, along with 2 10" kicker cvr's for $140 ($340 total). Can anyone match this price with better equipment?
Ebay: AudioPipe 1300 - $114 shipped AUDIOPIPE APSM-1300 2000W MONO Car Audio MINI Amplifier | eBay

Ebay: 2 Diamond Audio D3.12 dual 2 or 4 ohm 179$ referbed.. vm PAIR DIAMOND AUDIO D312D2.2 12" Car Audio 2) Subwoofers | eBay

soooo you comming in cheaper this way and better eq.. also could pickup a good 4g wiring kit from ebay $35 http://www.ebay.com/itm/KnuKonceptz-Ultra-Flex-KCA-4-Gauge-Amp-Install-Kit-CCA-/380364532653?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f7e2bad

114$

179$

35$

= 328$

Do you have any specific goals in mind? SQ? SPL? I think 2 10 inch subs + amp is doable on your budget, though I would personally go for a nice 12 inch subwoofer and use the remainer for amplifier. Being SQ person, I can only think of SQ subs. One possibility is to buy one 4ohm SVC 12 inch Peerless XXLS, which is one of the best SQ subwoofer values with the price of around $220 shipped on ebay, and spend the rest on the amplifier. This subwoofer has a pretty high sensitivity. So any amplifier with 200watt RMS at 4ohm is more than enough.

However, if you insist on dual 10 setup, one possibility is to get two RE Audio SRX10 subwoofers. I have experience with 12 inch version. It plays deep, well controlled bass while running even in a sealed box on a low power amplifier. While it's rated thermally for only 300watt RMS, it will take almost 600watts (in a 1cu ft recommended sealed box) before even exceeding its xmax limit. Get two 2ohm DVC versions, wire for the final 2ohm load and run off a mono block amplifier. For SQ application I think anything will work (e.g. 300watt should be sufficient IMO), but they could take more if you want to spend more.

Well I can't do the 12" subs because I don't have enough height space in my trunk. (Unless I can put it in closer to the tail lights so its not under the rear deck? Then I'd have to put it on the left or right side, wouldn't that sound weird or something?) I drive a 2001 Mustang with the mach audio system and it sounds nice, but its lacking the ability for low and loud bass(4 speakers powered by 2 amps and 4 tweeters) Also, I just want it to sound good, nothing performance wise, first sub set up. So I couldn't really tell you if I want more sound quality or spl. I'm guessing spl means how loud the subs are. I'm asking all of these questions on this forum in order to not get ripped off. The kickers sounded like a nice deal to me, but apparently everybody hates them =/ and whats the rule of going over the WRMS? I thought that was bad for the subwoofer/amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.