2- 10" Polk DXi DVC's- interested in small sealed box help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

racefan15
10+ year member

florida
Hi guys, here are the specs on the subs:

Total Frequency Response 28-200Hz

Nominal Impedance 4 ohms

Efficiency 86 dB

Power Handling

Continuous 270 watts

Peak 540 watts

Thiele / Small Parameters

Resonant Frequency 35 Hz

Xmax

Xmax Linear 0.728

SD 54.25 square inches

VAS 1.17 cubic feet

QTS 0.62

QES 0.66

QMS 10.9

Dimensions

Cut-Out Diameter 9 1/16" (23.02cm)

Full-Range Mounting Depth

Top Mount 5 7/16" (13.81cm)

Bottom Mount 5 15/16" (15.08cm)

I have 2 and have a 2010 Honda Civ LX... so thought a small sealed box would be good to give me a little truck space... Polk calls for .66 sealed internal volume ea. (ported is 1.25 a sub with a 12"x4 port, so that would be a pretty big box)

I have looked at pre-fab boxes but the smallest I can find is about .77 each side. Is that a big difference or should i keep looking or just make one?

A sealed box is a sealed box right? As long as internal volume is within specs then not much else matters (except build quality of course) correct? They probably dont put out a lot of base and I will be powering them with a Diamond Audio 600.1 so i can give them a good amount of power...

Any thoughts? I have an Arc Audio 12 in there now, but not very pleased with it.

I appreciate it guys

Would you put in some poly fill to take up a little of that airspace if I went with the .77 chambered box (seeing they call for .66)? And i also wonder if Polk means that they need .66ft3 with or without the magnet taking up some of that air space.... If it is without the magnet volume, the .77 will be about perfect.

Thanks again

Would you put in some poly fill to take up a little of that airspace if I went with the .77 chambered box (seeing they call for .66)? And i also wonder if Polk means that they need .66ft3 with or without the magnet taking up some of that air space.... If it is without the magnet volume, the .77 will be about perfect. Thanks again
polyfill doesn't take up space, it slows the back wave making the sub think it's in a larger enclosure. if you want to deduct airspace add 2x4s or bricks. i build enclosures for Polk subs regularly, i personally wouldn't add anything to the enclosure unless you are unhappy with the sound. you're subs don't take up that much space, you're way over thinking things.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

racefan15

10+ year member
racefan15
florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from