2/0?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dennis09x
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
canada
Is there any distribution blocks that you can use for 2/0 AWG wiring? Or is there anything one could use to accept (and reduce) the 2/0 to 0 gauge or 4 gauge?

I got some 2/0 welding cable, and i figure if i can use it why not?

To give you an idea if you want to go with a custom block:

100_1356.jpg

100_1358.jpg

The welding wire i got is 2/0.

Man that custom block will probably be the way ill go cause that looks crazy.

lakota, what are your fuses rated at total?

Now that i think about it, what about running a 200-300 amp circuit breaker instead of the fuse block? Have the 2/0 with a ring terminal on one end, then have a couple 4 gauge w/ring terminals coming off the other end. That seems like it would work in my mind. ****, I have a circuit breaker as my fuse right now, had a 200 ANL before and the p.o.s. melted up on me, was probably because it was just a p.o.s. that i got off ebay.

Most of those fuses are 5A:) They are hard to find, unless you know where to get them. But, for daily driving they're not necessary, only for competition.

Just to let you know, the 2/0 welding wire will fit in 1/0 distribution blocks intended for car audio. If you ever get copper lugs that are used for welding wire for car audio 1/0 wire, you will need 3/0.

If I'm not mistaken, 1/0 car audio wire is bigger than welding wire 2/0. I knokw 1/0 welding and 1/0 car wire is different. My Kicker 1/0 was noticeably thicker, than 1/0 welding wire. If you wanted to go bigger than 1/0 car wire, it would have been better to go with 4/0 welding wire.

In my experience, Kicker 1/0 is about the same size as 2/0 welding wire. 2/0 lugs work fine on both car audio 1/0 and 2/0 welding wire.

4/0 wire is huge. I'm pretty sure that the really thick black wire in the picture I posted is 4/0. If not, it's 3/0.

Interesting, well ill measure the diameter of the conducting element in this wire, can anyone shoot me a measurement of the diameter of the conducting element in some car audio 1/0?

Just to let you know, the 2/0 welding wire will fit in 1/0 distribution blocks intended for car audio. If you ever get copper lugs that are used for welding wire for car audio 1/0 wire, you will need 3/0.
If I'm not mistaken, 1/0 car audio wire is bigger than welding wire 2/0. I knokw 1/0 welding and 1/0 car wire is different. My Kicker 1/0 was noticeably thicker, than 1/0 welding wire. If you wanted to go bigger than 1/0 car wire, it would have been better to go with 4/0 welding wire.
2/0ga welding wire is just a tad larger than most 1/0ga audio wire. 2/0ga welding crimp rings fit fine on most 1/0ga wire. They do at least on my Kicker Hyperflex, Knu Flex, Streetwires and Lightning Audio.

In my experience, Kicker 1/0 is about the same size as 2/0 welding wire. 2/0 lugs work fine on both car audio 1/0 and 2/0 welding wire.
What he said.

super old post revival, ended up using 3/0 and 4/0 welding wire and knukonceptz 1/0 for my rebuild. Sure enough, use 2/0 lugs for the 1/0, use 4/0 lugs for the 3/0, and trim the 4/0 to fit 4/0 lugs...maddening considering i didn't have the right tools to cut those thick mother ****in wires, forearms felt like "ahnolds" after tedious snipping of the 4/0. It all looks good though, all cleaned up and such.

super old post revival, ended up using 3/0 and 4/0 welding wire and knukonceptz 1/0 for my rebuild. Sure enough, use 2/0 lugs for the 1/0, use 4/0 lugs for the 3/0, and trim the 4/0 to fit 4/0 lugs...maddening considering i didn't have the right tools to cut those thick mother ****in wires, forearms felt like "ahnolds" after tedious snipping of the 4/0. It all looks good though, all cleaned up and such.
Pics?

DSCN3948.jpg

on ther + terminal on the left, you see a 4 ought and a 3 ought there, negative wire to each batt is a 3 ought, the 4 ought is coming from the front batt, used knu 1 ought and welding for right battery powering the 2k6d

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dennis09x

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
dennis09x
canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date