2/0 for big 3?

Is it a pain in the *** to work with? Pm me pricing?
How is it a pain to work with? I mean, it's not like he's going to need to make 90 degree bends every 4 inches.
Every power wire I have ever run, including big 3, have never had any substantial bends.

I have installed on over 30 vehicles and never once had a problem installing 0ga so I can't imagine how it would even be an issue.

Oh and look, mylowes shows up trying to sell something. I get so cot **** tired of seeing his chit.

Dead serious. And yes, I'm actually about to get off this site due to crap like this.

Do your advertising elsewhere or keep it on your stickys. We don't want to hear it man.

How is it a pain to work with? I mean, it's not like he's going to need to make 90 degree bends every 4 inches.
Every power wire I have ever run, including big 3, have never had any substantial bends.

I have installed on over 30 vehicles and never once had a problem installing 0ga so I can't imagine how it would even be an issue.

Oh and look, mylowes shows up trying to sell something. I get so cot **** tired of seeing his chit.

Dead serious. And yes, I'm actually about to get off this site due to crap like this.

Do your advertising elsewhere or keep it on your stickys. We don't want to hear it man.
Maybe the op didn't know mylows was willing to make him a 2/0 kit before his post. Who knows maybe op is thankful for the offer?

Also 2/0 is not overkill, its what I run.. more is better usually applies with power/ground.. there is a test on youtube showing even adding wire to an overkill electrical still helps.

My lows was invited to this post. Somebody on this post was trying to help out the op and invited him. It's not like he jumped on this guy's post and tried selling him ****. My lows is a good dude, I only bought one big 3 kit from him and he has answered lots of questions on other subjects of car audio. Basically what I'm saying is, I f uc ks with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

I invited Jim onto this thread to try and help a friend out, deals like this is how he makes his living. OP never said it would be a pain to work with, he asked if it would be because it's so thick of wire. You gotta just take a deep breath and calm down dude.

Big 3 with Sky High was no problem on mine. Actually, Audio Anarchy is going to do two 2/0 runs for me. My alternator has a very small bolt so he's building some sort of bus bar for it.

Shop near me says its pointless but i say the bigger the better right? They think cca stinger is the.best wire ever-_-are there any 2/0 kits?
Conor send me pm with lengths and if youdlike it soldered or crimped , and fused or not and I'll get you a price all made up

Not to disparage anyone but if you were advised by a shop that 2/0 would be pointless, I'd want to know why they said that.

For instance, if your entire system was ultimately to only consist of 1kW then yes, it would be pointless to install 2/0 when 1/0 would be more than adequate. But if you're building a big system and if you plan to upgrade in the future (which is kinda a given for us bass nerdz) then you can never have too much current capacity.

You can, however, have too little and if the salesman who told you that 2/0 is pointless doesn't want to eventually sell you upgrades that will fill in that extra current capacity... he's not much of a consultant or salesman, in my opinion.

Not to disparage anyone but if you were advised by a shop that 2/0 would be pointless, I'd want to know why they said that.
For instance, if your entire system was ultimately to only consist of 1kW then yes, it would be pointless to install 2/0 when 1/0 would be more than adequate. But if you're building a big system and if you plan to upgrade in the future (which is kinda a given for us bass nerdz) then you can never have too much current capacity.

You can, however, have too little and if the salesman who told you that 2/0 is pointless doesn't want to eventually sell you upgrades that will fill in that extra current capacity... he's not much of a consultant or salesman, in my opinion.
Very well said. Couldn't have don't it better

Well these arnt the brightest people...they have never heard of ofc wire, they built me a box that I wanted tuned at 32, tuned to 28. They dont use dd1 or anything to set gains. I just use them bc their right down the street and the other closest shop is like 20 miles away

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.