1997 Ext Cab Chevy Rear Panel (Speaker) Removal?

Participant count
  • Participant list

22mountaineer
10+ year member

6 /\
North AL
Tried removing the trim above my rear window to get to my side trims and broke almost every clip. There is a metal clip that goes into the truck and two male ends that go into the metal clips? Anyone know what I am talking about and how to remove it? I am trying to get a pic uploaded but my phone is slow as **** out here.

remove bottom seat belt assembly and top bolt. remove side trim panels running along the bottom of the door. remove rear seat. remove ashtray's and screws behind them. then pull out the pocket and remove 2 more screw. behind the removed seat under the window is another panel you will have to remove. start at the bottom of the panel and pull straight out but not the top. the top has clipps that need to be removed by pulling straight up. after that you start at the bottom of the side panels you are tryiingn to remove and pull towards the center of the truck. the top of the side panels slide over the top of the center top panel you tried to pull off and there are two screws that you cannot get to that hold the top center panel up unless you go through the whole process.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.