1997 Dodge Viper GTS Skar Audio Install Log

SkarAudio
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
Thanks to Chris of Team Skar Audio (All4SPL) - contact him all4spl@gmail.com

----------------

The requirements were keep the car mostly looking stock (door panels) while using the rainbow components provided. A well balanced system with just enough bass for trance/techno style music.

This car was a challenge due to it being almost all fiberglass/plastic, the doors were not easily receptive to the large 6.5 Rainbow kickbass midrange. The headunit area was way too wide from previous install. Overall I am pleased with the outcome and the sound is very well rounded.

Components List:

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Rainbow SLC 265.25 Kickbass MD

Skar 125.4 4 channel amp (driven in bridged 2 ch mode)

Skar 1200.1 Mono block

(2) Skar VVX 10s in a sealed enclosure

Sky High Audio 4awg OFC

Streetwires ZeroNoise 2.0 RCA's (yes the old school awesome ones)

Tsunami Pwr/Gnd Fused Distrobution block

Pictures

1997_Dodge_ViperGTS5.jpg

2-1_zpsd823f8ef.jpg

3-1_zpse85a01c7.jpg

4-1_zps0dcf66a2.jpg

5-1_zpsb691b5e0.jpg

6-1_zpsb816f888.jpg

7-1_zps9988d690.jpg

8-1_zps25b70fff.jpg

9-1_zpsfb8e7e77.jpg

youre either being genuine (not sarcastic), or you're retarded. not sure which.
theres nothing in this install an amateur couldn't comfortably do. that qualifies as basic. as mentioned.. its not a p99
I was just saying the head unit is a bit advanced for a "basic" install. Or in any case, the best result will be obtained when somebody with more than basic knowledge tunes the system with the head unit. Hopefully that's the case here. And I stand corrected, definitely not a 99.

The car was built to the owners expectations, this is what he wanted, there could have been a lot more done to it. As for the car itself it was NOT installer friendly by any means. And the previous install created problems that I had to solve such as the head unit having WAY too much room in the dash for the 80PRS, and the door wiring access being only accessible if the entire dash is removed, which the owner did not want the dash removed for his own reasons, and more. The owner only drives this car on the weekends so it is not a daily driven car, as well he made the decisions on the gear in the car not myself. I merely presented him with the options and price points of what he could get. As for the enclosure, it was done sealed to save room as he has plans to add a methane tank on the right side area of the hatch, do not ask me what for I am not a performance guy. The owner was very happy with the outcome and I was pretty pleased to hear it with the engine on because with side exiting exhaust this car is LOUD without a stereo going.

Edit - The owner picked the 80PRS for the ton of features it packs into a single din, and the pictures seem to be a bit out of order this install was completed last week.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SkarAudio

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
SkarAudio
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date