1996 Dodge Ram Lifted

Yeah I am planning this weekend todo some tearing apart.

I dont have any clue what todo with the subs/box, I cant loose my backseat 2 kids, so maybe a bigger custom fiberglass box? I wouldn't mind going ported but have no clue how to make a port for a curved shaped box.

Ive got some dual 6.5" speakers I am going to throw in the rear for now... I cant stand just having fronts. And apparently looking up size, there 5.25" so ill see what I can do.

I plan on mounting the new screen to the dash not just chillen in the black part overlay.

Going to chop off the old plug and convert it to honda (its just easy and makes all my decks plug and play between my cars), and cleaning up the rear monitors wiring, have to add a switch to the dash as well because they are either on or off.

Well spent a part of yesterday making a new double din mount, I can understand why he did it so ghetto, but on the other hand after 5+ hours of making it work.. Im done with the dodge for a few days...

Original mount was the single din mount kit, bottom cut out with a peice of steel guled to it that just kinda chilled in the dash, rattled like all hell, screen was crooked.

I went out and bought a piece of steel, cut it was bigger then needed, used 6 different mounting screws, and had to cut the **** out of a crash bar, figured out thats why the last screen was crooked, and fineally got it all fitted... I want todo some fiberglass work and make it look all nice and pretty but I am alot more happier with this setup, pictures to follow tomorrow.

After spending way to long on that, I didnt feel motivated todo anything... I have to admit tho, the last screen must of been pure crap because you could barely hear the subs before, without even messing with any of my settings the subs and loud and clear and no more clipping. they sound like the whole setup might be worth keeping now.

So went out to take pictures, and the Camera was dead go figure... Tomorrow tho.

No real big updates besides breaking the truck... Lost steering while wheeling, had to wait 3 hours for help, 2 hours to fix it, then 2 hour drive home going 10mph hoping it held together, shes home now, just waiting for me to get off my lazy ass to fix it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.