1996 Chevy Blazer install problem

andyman96

I have a 1996 Chevy Blazer LS, and I'm wanting to put an LCD screen in the dash. The problem is, the stero is on the left and the AC/heater controls are on the right, and if I would just put the screen in place of the CD player I've already got, it would be in a very crappy position (it's a flip-down lcd screen that folds into an am/fm tuner). Is it possible, worth my time, etc. to move the AC/heater controls? Maybe just to the left side so I can put the LCD on the right where it's more visible? Or also I saw somewhere where a guy had put the controls in his middle compartment, but I'm sure that's an even more pain in the ass...and if I can do this, where could I find some information on how it's done? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

On a 96 it would be a lot of work to do, but you can do it. Anything is possible if you want it bad enough. You would have to make a mounting kit for the controls and the radio. If you moved it to the center console you would have to extend all the wires and air lines to do it. Just do one wire at a time and you would not have any trouble. If I can help any farther let me know. w6tyv@starband.net Good luck and have fun. That is what it is all about.

For the Most Part of it all instead of doing all that work just dig into your Pocket and Grab a chunk of cash slam it on the Table at the Local Store and Stay i want to buy a Kenwood DvD and cd playa they will order u on then i would sell the LCd u got and go with this it is just like instalin a cd playa. ....get back to me on this one i wanna know what u did

Kenwood Kid.....KENWOOD IS THE BEST

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.