1995 explorer

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 94 explorer, pretty much the same thing except 95 was the start of the 2nd gens. I get pretty good cabin gain with my explorer. Door panels are easy to remove, sound deadening isn't too tricky although on the first gen there is an inner and outter shell, causes more resonant frequencies (the sound from vibration of door speaker rattling against metal or other parts) carpets and paneling is very easy for installs, very basic. I personally recommend a Tahoe, although that explorer would work. What set up you going for?

Probably wanting to run something simple like two twelves in a ported box or maybe even four haven't decided yet, thinking maybe I can go with 4 12" 2nd gen champion pros since they're cheap but open to ideas

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Probably wanting to run something simple like two twelves in a ported box or maybe even four haven't decided yet wanting to maybe try and get 60's thinking maybe I can go with 4 12" 2nd gen champion pros since they're cheap but open to ideas
60's like 160+ DB???

60's like 160+ DB???
No sorry lol keeping it street legal so no walling it so even if I had the money to attempt to get that high I wouldn't be able to. I'm thinking maybe in the 110-130 range hopefully

Also I'm not a Chevy fan so they are out of the question unless someone gives me one lol
Tahoe is your best bet for Chevy SUVs. I don't recommend trucks because of the small area to put your subs, unless you're wanting to get a extended/crew cab 4 door and take out the rear seats. Or if you have custom boxes fit to yor specific make and model - which are terrible btw, not efficient at all. About as efficient as a prefab box. Ford explorers are okay as far as ford goes, a Bronco would be a nice build, if you have an earlier model - lots of space. I'd honestly go with a tahoe, it's your best bet IMHO based on your setup. Ask around on the forums where your sub placement should be, depends on a few things.

Is this the sub your talking about? http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Champion+Series+PRO/TS-W3002D2%7CD4

What amp/wattage/ohms are you going to run? Door speakers/amp? Applying sound deadener?

You looking for just SUVs, or any car?

60's like 160+ DB???
60 inch rims

1025071_600.jpg

Tahoe is your best bet for Chevy SUVs. I don't recommend trucks because of the small area to put your subs, unless you're wanting to get a extended/crew cab 4 door and take out the rear seats. Or if you have custom boxes fit to yor specific make and model - which are terrible btw, not efficient at all. About as efficient as a prefab box. Ford explorers are okay as far as ford goes, a Bronco would be a nice build, if you have an earlier model - lots of space. I'd honestly go with a tahoe, it's your best bet IMHO based on your setup. Ask around on the forums where your sub placement should be, depends on a few things.
Is this the sub your talking about? http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Champion+Series+PRO/TS-W3002D2%7CD4

What amp/wattage/ohms are you going to run? Door speakers/amp? Applying sound deadener?

You looking for just SUVs, or any car?
Yes those ones, my uncle ran two of a hifonics zues 3000.1 so I'll probably pick up two of those to run 4 of those. And yes I'll put sound deadining threw the hole vehicle and I have t decided on speakers yet. Still haven't decided if imma scrap my truck or fix it. If I scrap my truck imma use the Polk 6 1/2" components and the JVC deck but that's all I have planned right now. Also I'd like to add the reason I'm buying the explorer is cause my friends selling it to me cheap

Last edited by a moderator:
If I whent with 4 in a ported box i would need about 4 cubes which should be easily achievable in the back of an SUV right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dev199505

CarAudio.com Elite
dev199505
US
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from